What options do i have for my tranny

FlyingLow90

4 gear went out in my tranny and the shop wants 1200 to 1400 to fix it. should i rebuild myself for $200 or can i get another used maybe better type of transmision for less than 1,200. if someone has any better ideas let me know but i just need to fix this.

I got my 5-speed from Luchetti Auto.

Rebuilt freight included guaranteed 12 months unlimited mileage freight
included_ contact ron at 800 324 8960

This is where I got my tranny from after I went through two or three others. I am pretty sure the price was 800 bucks out to your door. Everything went well and it was shipped out on time. The tranny has held up to my abuse and is still running fine in the car. I would recomend this tranny to anyone.

FlyingLow90 said:
4 gear went out in my tranny and the shop wants 1200 to 1400 to fix it. should i rebuild myself for $200 or can i get another used maybe better type of transmision for less than 1,200. if someone has any better ideas let me know but i just need to fix this.
I would pull the tranny myself and then take it to get rebuilded. Most of the charge will be the labor to remove and reinstall the tranny. You can save BIG money doing it that way.

Calvin

Removing the tranny is about 300 dollars worth of that price. I have had mine taken out 3 times and each time it has been about 300 dollars for removal. Book time lists 5 to 6 hours for the removal.

AOD or 5 speed ? If AOD I know where you can get a recently rebuilt one (new converter also) for a couple hundred plus shipping.

David

David I need a trans.could you e-mail me about how much.where it is
when can i pick up.What type rebuild is it.Can I pick it up today.

randy

Last edited:
Its an AOD and a newer trans or newly rebuilt one would be better i think. is there somewhere i could get a remanufactured trans for cheeper.

i found on ebay some remanufactured trannies for 495 and 110 shipping. is this a good deal. im kinda leaning towards new or fresh rebuilds. is there another trans that will fit other than an AOD that is better.

I paid a shop 1200 to rebuild my tranny because I didn’t have time to do it myself. It hasn’t worked right since. Until the car gets up to running temp, it won’t shift out of first until 4000-5000 rpm.

I brought it back to them 7 or 8 times. RUNAROUND :mad:

If you do have it rebuilt, have it done by someone your really trust!

I plan to rebuild mine again when I get some time.

Back