finally back.... with a question

GREATWHITE666

Hey everyone finally back from upstate new york. saw a few SC's dont know if any belonged to you but anyway, i get back last night, all happy to drive my SC once again. I get in take her out, and after about a mile, i get my low coolant light coming on. "strange", i say. i immeadiately stop,get out and check it and it is indeed low, so i take it back home fill her up and im fine for the rest of the night. no signs of leaking, all hoses are fine, nothing on garage floor and car has never leaked it before.. car has been sitting for 3 weeks, this ever happen to anyone? is it normal? thanks
-Damon

It has happened to me.Once when like you said,it was low, and again after changing out the coolant and having the usual amount of fun trying to work all the air out of the cooling sys.
I would just watch it for awhile,sounds like nothing too out of the ordinary.

Jeff

Watch Carefully

Keep an eye on your water pump. When they go, coolant will leak out the weep hole at the bottom. First small and unnoticible cause it disapears due to engine heat.

Also check the thermostat housing. Can get a slow leak there too. You'll see coolant dripping down the engine block.

Good luck.

Mark
'93 SC

Back