PDA

View Full Version : Strange vibration...?

Tubeamp
07-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Hey all,

Just a quick question. Anyone out there ever have this problem? I don't know if this is a motor mount or trans mount (maybe both) problem. I have a 92 auto, and when I put her in reverse....very strange almost harsh vibration is felt through the car. If the car is parked on a weird angle (not a flat surface) it may not do it.

Thanks,

Rino

Jeremy_K
07-15-2003, 01:08 PM
i'm having the same problem in my 90 xr7. i don't know what it is. i had a 90 N/A bird that did the same thing and it was the motor mounts.

esco90SC
07-15-2003, 02:57 PM
I had this quivering problem happen to me. Is there a noise accompanying the vibration or do the RPMs just drop low? If its just the RPMs I'd replace the mounts, tranny and engine. If there is a noise, then there might be a short somewhere to the starter. I had that happen after I replaced the mounts. I'd put it from Park to Reverse and the starter would try to engage.

Yalls problem sounds like motor mounts.

Aaron

Jeremy_K
07-15-2003, 07:04 PM
no, it's definately not the starter. it's more like a shudder it only lasts for about 2 seconds and the whole engine/front end sort of shivers. that's the only way i can describe it.

esco90SC
07-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Oh yes, first try the motor mounts (engine and tranny). That should solve it. Another question for you, does it shudder when you turn on the A/C. especially when in reverse already?
Supposedly you can replace the motor mounts w/o too much trouble and time if youve got a few tools and patience. I went ahead and got my shop to do it since they were having to replace my oil pan at the time. The mounts cost me $120 US and I got the solid ones and the tranny engine combo.

good luck
Aaron

Tubeamp
07-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Mounts eh, kind of what I thought as well. Oh well, time to get some scratched hands/arms/elbows etc...hehehe.

The price of owning these cars...

Thanks everyone:D

Rino