Strange vibration...?

Tubeamp

Hey all,

Just a quick question. Anyone out there ever have this problem? I don't know if this is a motor mount or trans mount (maybe both) problem. I have a 92 auto, and when I put her in reverse....very strange almost harsh vibration is felt through the car. If the car is parked on a weird angle (not a flat surface) it may not do it.

Thanks,

Rino

i'm having the same problem in my 90 xr7. i don't know what it is. i had a 90 N/A bird that did the same thing and it was the motor mounts.

I had this quivering problem happen to me. Is there a noise accompanying the vibration or do the RPMs just drop low? If its just the RPMs I'd replace the mounts, tranny and engine. If there is a noise, then there might be a short somewhere to the starter. I had that happen after I replaced the mounts. I'd put it from Park to Reverse and the starter would try to engage.

Yalls problem sounds like motor mounts.

Aaron

no, it's definately not the starter. it's more like a shudder it only lasts for about 2 seconds and the whole engine/front end sort of shivers. that's the only way i can describe it.

Oh yes, first try the motor mounts (engine and tranny). That should solve it. Another question for you, does it shudder when you turn on the A/C. especially when in reverse already?
Supposedly you can replace the motor mounts w/o too much trouble and time if youve got a few tools and patience. I went ahead and got my shop to do it since they were having to replace my oil pan at the time. The mounts cost me $120 US and I got the solid ones and the tranny engine combo.

good luck
Aaron

Mounts eh, kind of what I thought as well. Oh well, time to get some scratched hands/arms/elbows etc...hehehe.

The price of owning these cars...

Thanks everyone:D

Rino

Back