SuperCoupe Vert...

getblown

I have been thinking of this for while now and its real feasable for me right now to take the 93 and make a vert out of her...

I know its been done before cause ive seen it done before so i know its possible... and rather than do it myself and have it not turn out right somehow, know what i mean... and i realize ill have to make it alot stiffer than it is not to help out but you get my point...

Back to the original question, Does anybody know of anybody within a state or two of Pennsylvania that will or can customize my bird like that:confused: ... i really want it done and if i can't find someone to do it for me, i will do it myself...

Thanks for any information you guys can help me out with...

jOe

email - jandrews1398@yahoo.com

never heard that before.. I think that turning an SC into a convertable would def. not be safe....

Maybe lotsa bucks depending on whether that's a REAL car or just a trailer princess.

I guess if you could find a convertible with a similar windshield line you could adapt the top. Maybe a Chrysler Sebring would be close. If you're starting from scratch just do the body mods to fit the top. The side windows would probably be the worst thing to figure out.

As far as body strength that's a big question. If you look at an SC or Cougar with the sunroof, that takes quite a bit of material out of the top but not the whole top.

If you watch Monster Garage you can do what J.J. said on one show. Use the hillbilly method, just keep adding steel till it works.

we almost did it

We almost did it to mine,but you really need to make it a trailer queen not a daily driver. The best way would be to chop the front window down about 6" and cap off the rear deck.Your biggest problem is stengthining up the body because all the suport for the body is in the roof. The best way would be to lose the rear seat area completely.Then run bracing across from side to side or the body will just fold in.Then just build you a speaker box or a hard cover with some nitrous tanks on it or something that will give you plenty of support.We have done a couple of trucks but they are alot easier J.J http://www.outkastkustoms.com

Attachments

• dscf0259.jpg
    dscf0259.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Maybe swipe some of the structural reinforcement ideas that they used for the SWB birds? I know that there was a company in Florida that was making Mark VIII verts when the Mark VIII first came out. Ford had considered having them contracted, but the company was a bit of a hatchet organization...

BLANG BLANG

blingbird.jpg

Scott Long said:
I believe the term is BLING BLING!

That be how the white people be saying it dawg. Us black folk be like "Peep that shiznit, that be sum mayja blang yo"

ya heard?

Alex

Dear god, how long before we ....

See the picture of Slimer.. The green T-bird convertible, gone gangsta with the gold everwhere. Damn that picture. It will be burned into my brain forever. Damn you Peter... The hate gathers.

technically is is "bling bling" but i mean... any average ghetto person isn't going to say "bling" its gunna come out "bllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang"

slimer%20alex.jpg

That's Slimer. He isnt a convertible. The thing was actually at a car lot about 3 miles from my house. I got to drive the summbitch but didnt have a digi cam back then. I havent seen it at the lot anymore. The car WAS for sale, but mainly, they used it for advertising and stuff. The thing was pretty beat up, coolest function on it...HYDRAULICS! Front back, side to side, no 3 wheel though :(

Alex

The proper spelling would be "Bling Bling"as it was taken from an actual word. As for the pronunciation, it all depends on the color of your skin.

Al if your black than I am a mexican.

-Steve

No it does not depend on the color of your skin, it depends on your level of education and the environment you are raised in.

Back