Source for Brass Blockers

68COUGAR

Does somebody know the Name and/or Phone Number of the place in Michigan that sells the correct Brass Blockers (syncro) Kits for M5R2 5-spds?

Liberty Transmission?
Liberty Gear?
Something totally different?

I need them for a '95 5-spd.

68COUGAR
cougar@qtm.net (that's lower case QTM.NET)

Brass Blockers: BTDT!!!!!

I have Brass Blockers in my early 5-spd. I LOVE'EM!!!!!! They do NOT grind when shifted normally. They do crunch a little bit when speed shifted, but many trannys do that when speed shifted.

It only took one pass down the track to trash my fiber blockers!!! The Brass ones have held up extremely well, even when raced a lot!

I'm putting Brass ones in my new tranny too! See ya at the track!

68COUGAR

Astro Performance Warehouse?

Astro Performance Warehouse 800-343-0056 claims to have carbon fiber blockers.

Phone number is no longer in service. I'd try the carbon fiber blockers if I could get ahold of them. www.astroperformance is still under construction. Not even a phone number listed. Anybody know whay city they are in? Tried unsuccessfully to find another phone number on the net.

The Carbon Fiber brake pads (Porterfield) that I put on my car are GREAT!!!! I expect that carbon fiber blockers would perform in a like manner.

68COUGAR

Liberty Transmission Service

Called Liberty Transmission Service, (313) 278-4040, Talked to PAUL. Very knowledgeable & helpful. Also the cheapest prices I've ever been quoted for blocker rings!!!!!!! That's probably why they are so highly recommended!!!!!

They have a Kit of 1-4 Brass blockers. 5th. is OEM, but nobody should be banging 5th anyway, so no prob.

They have a Carbon Fiber reverse ring, that has a full face lining of Carbon Fiber! Not just the 2 skinny rings of fiber like the OEM rings have. They do a little custom machine work on the reverse ring so it fits better. Nice Touch!

He also explained that Ford (Mazda?) never corrected a design flaw in the reverse rings. The taper is wrong on the reverse blocker. Consequently, even though reverse is syncroed, you should never shift into reverse until you are completely stopped. That's something we've known for years, just never knew why!

I'm EXTREMELY happy with the service from Liberty Transmission. I recommend any 5-spd guys who need help, give them a call

Micah & Nick, you should check with them next time you rebuild somebodies 5-spd. Like I said, cheapest prices ANYWHERE!!!!!!

Contented 68COUGAR

Back