fan cfm?

Douglas Walker

fan cfm? or rpm's?

What is the cfm or rpm's of a cooling fan on an 89 sc. High and low speed. Also what is the size and cfm or rpm of a pusher fan on a 94-95 sc. I think I'm gonna install a pusher fan on my 89sc. Just an experiment to see if it helps with the cooling in this hot and humid Nebraska weather. If not I'll just overide the low speed fan to run all the time. Any other ideas will help.

Thanks
Doug

Last edited:
make sure your car still has the air-dam under the front bumper and flush the cooling system and clean out any debris on the AC condensor. I would just wire any brand name pusher fan on the AC condensor using those "push-pins" that come with the fan sometimes wired to a manual switch thru a relay. Also change the thermostat to a 180deg. unit. ]
I'm not sure on the Mark VIII dimensions. On mine I wired in a seperate electronic fan controller and relay which turns on the high speed fan before the low, the 30/40 amp stock fan relay in the IRCM cant take the load of the high speed fan when used instead of the low speed fan, the relay contacts stick:D

The air dam is still on the car. Ive flushed the coolant when I replaced the radiator also installed 180 deg thermo. Tomorrow Ill clean the a/c cond. even though I didnt see much on or in it. Ive been looking at aftermarket fans. I wanted the specs of our fans because in some of the post Ive read, they've said that the low speed fan isnt enough volume to cool. so I was hoping to find a happy medium between the 2. I was going to wire the pusher fan up to the Ignition switch so it would run all the time and at the same time wire in a toggle switch to shut it off if needed. Maybe if that isnt effective I'll wire it up some type of thermostat control relay. Thanks for taking the time hope I can help in the future.

Thanks
Doug

aftermarket pusher fan

I've installed a 14" pusher fan w/ 1350 cfm. So far so good. Before while driving around town my gauge would go around the "M" and now the highest its been is the "O". So it helped alittle. I'll keep u up dated if I have any problems.

Thanks again for the help
Doug

Back