Frozen SC Gauge

motocross_masta

I notice the other day that my boost dial was frozen, i got half way through taking the dash apart and then realized i'd have to remove the light knob and didn't have very much time and haven't gotten back to it since. What I'm wondering is, is the gauge gone? Or just the connection? Maybe its just dirty or sumthing but it still lights up?

There is a vacuum line that hooks to the back of the gauge that runs to the intake plenum. I would check to make sure that it is hooked up under the hood first and then pull the dash back apart and make sure that it is hooked up if it is not disconnected under the hood.

The vacuum line is easy to find under the hood. It is on the plenum right before it bends down to go into the intake. The gauge can get disconnected easily if the rubber is old on the fitting.

Bob

Yes, it is a very thin hose and runs underneath the cowl area on the drivers side, back into the car. If you go under the drivers side dash, you can locate where it comes in along with the vent vac control hose. Turns out mine was cut in half in the engine bay.. I used electrical tape for a temporary fix.

Back