Brakes, turn signals, and climate control

srogers

I suspect an ignition switch problem, but would like a second opinion. As of this evening, my power brakes, turn signals, and climate control are all dead in my 1992 SC with both dash board brake lights on. I looked through the owner's manual hoping to identify a fuse common to all of those and came up empty. All fuses under the hood look intact and the bigger ones under the dash do. I haven't checked all of the ones under the dash. Do the other electrical problems differentiate this from an ABS accumulator problem?

I would check the specific fuses for those systems directly with a meter. Visual inspection is not sufficient to rule out a fuse failure. Only to confirm one.

Did all three failures occur at the same time? When did the failures occur? Over night, after a rainstorm?

Brake assist is provided by a hydraulic motor that has a relay mounted to the passenger firewall. It typically fails as stuck on, but could fail off as well. There is another relay over there that is for the ABS system itself.

One possible thing they could have in common is a failed ground somewhere in the system.

Back