Looking for 1992 SC front end parts

Leroyjac

Hello SC Lovers:

I have a '92 SC that I ordered new from Ford in mid 92...

Has 207k and is a fine running car.

Unfortunately, it was hit on the right front corner by an older F150 pickup and is now totalled.

The good news is that the frame only has about 800 bucks worth of damage, and is tweaked more than crushed. The bad news is I am looking for the fenders, hood, bumper cover, absorber, lights, header panel, electric fan, and any associated fasteners with these parts.

My car is twilight blue, but any genuine parts will do. My left fender is more than likely repairable,since it is just reflecting the stress of the impact. It may be just fine...

Any information you have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advane.

L. Jackson

Attachments

• pdc_0012.jpg
    pdc_0012.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 129
If you want some parts the best source i know of would be Gary Kuhn. He is an awesome guy and has basically everything your looking for and he will help you out in any way he can. Here is his web site.

www.supercoupekuhn.com

Just get his email address and email him about the parts because all the parts he has arent on his web site but he usually has a lot of parts off 89-92 SC's. Just a lil help for ya. P.S. He is in PA that might be the only bad thing about his parts.

Jayson

Nasty fender-bender Leroy. Carlos, one of our guys, frequents the junk yards and has tips on parts cars. He tells me there is a couple SC's over in the Monrovia pick a part. I might be going out there soon. I'll let you know and maybe we can hook up and I'll help you pull the parts.

Alex

Thank you fellas...

I have a renewed sense of hope of returning my car sooner than later.

I was told to find a board like this and put something out, because the people who are in the know will be here.

Even if I have to buy the hood local, shipping on the balance shouldn't be too bad.

I'll check out the website, and Alex, I'm going to look forward to hearing more from you.

Visit www.jacksonvideo.com and you can find a link to e-mail me at the bottom of the page.

Leroy

parts cars

Hey leroy, there are a couple of sc's you may be able to take parts off of. In wilmington off of pch/blinn there are two sc's in the junkyard that still have most of the front parts, as mentioned by al35th there are COMPLETE sc's in the junkyard in monrovia. email me for directions to the yard in monrovia.

Thanks to all of you...

The info on where to find parts close to me has been worth the post a thousand times over. I will go check out your suggestions no later than Monday. Hopefully there will still be parts I need there!

Blksc:

Your pm box is full...

Leroy

Yea i know, just email me not PM. My mailbox is all jacked up. its empty but still says full

almost all of the parts can come from none sc

fenders,
lights,
hood,
all none sc will fit,
the front end can come from none sc,

as 92 does not have sc in bumper,

core support is same sc none sc,

call 909-883-9235 a friend is parting out a 90 sc and has many others too. ask for stan,

Carlos, you giblet head, you are also supposed to empty out the messages sent folder and the ones in the tracking folder (the ones that tell you if your messages have been read). Mess around with the pull down menus and it takes you to different folders you didnt even know u had ;)

Alex

Hmm, yea i was playing around with the folders last night. I'll do it gain. i emptied out all of the tracking messages. but we'll see.

Big thanks to you guys

I have been following up on your suggestions, and the information you are providing is great.

A lot of my assumptions on the similarities to the lx front end have been answered, which greatly improves the parts availability. I would still like to keep my car 92 SC if and where at all possible.

Is there ANY difference on the LX fenders, such as the lack of mounting holes for the gfx kit? There must be something different, otherwise they would carry the same OEM part numbers you would think... The hood and the header panel, bumper cover I can see being the same. Yet I think even they carry a different oem number, maybe to get a few bucks more.

How do you guys like the 5% pulleys? Are you using a different serpentine belt, or does the tensioner have enough to make up the difference...

L.J.

there are two bplt holes missing on lx fenders

for ground effects easy drill and fit,

Im going thru this myself on my 89 same dent pass front + I have a rear pass side dent ive been checking out parts at wrecking yard side by side as Ive found a few sc,s out there and lx,s

Back