Help with Interior panel

Hellraizer547

I'm trying to see what is wrong with my seat belt, and i want to see if the motor works or not. so far i think i took off all the screws and i still can't get the driver's side back panel off. Any little tricks to help me out? I really want to get this working by this weeks cruise. Peace

Sergio

Fun fun fun... you have to remove the back seat completely. The top and lower door trim panels. And the speaker. Then 3 or 4 screws.. Now, the fun part... you have to take a razor blade and cut the sealant holding the side panel to the car frame. Then I think it'll come out.. The speaker cover pops out from the bottom first, then you lift it off. Also the panels have a couple of metal clips that pull straight out. Be sure to get them lined up when you put it all back together. On the rear seat back, you unbolt 3 bolts on the bottom frame, 2 bolts on the top when you fold the seats down, then pull the bottom forward and lift the whole thing up slightly.

This is what it looks like dissassembled:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=112258

Lets see if I can do this inline:

attachment.php

Before you do all that though, you could just take the back seat bottom out, and take the thin panel at the bottom off, and then see if you can get a voltmeter on the connector.
If you've never taken the seat out, you push the bottom towards the rear of the car firmly and then lift up.

Old thread I know, but that is what I get for searching....LOL....anyway is it possible to get the B pillar limit switch out without taking the entire panel off? I can get the trim loose enough at the pillar to see where this jerk cut the grey wires but they are impossible to splice. I do not have the inclination to remove the entire panel, do not have a garage and believe it or not it is too damn cold out here in the driveway. JD, I hope you see this post.

markadeck said:
Old thread I know, but that is what I get for searching....LOL....anyway is it possible to get the B pillar limit switch out without taking the entire panel off? I can get the trim loose enough at the pillar to see where this jerk cut the grey wires but they are impossible to splice. I do not have the inclination to remove the entire panel, do not have a garage and believe it or not it is too damn cold out here in the driveway. JD, I hope you see this post.
If you remove all the screws for the forward half of the panel you can then pull it away a few inches. The limit switch wires need a plug at the end, so once you connect one it should be easy to plug it in to the switch. I've never tried to remove the switch with the panel in place, but I would guess it would all depend on how dexterous you are with your hands. A small mirror may help.

J.D., you got the answer in the other thread, I just unpluged the grey wire and soldered them back together and plugged it back in. There must have been nothing wrong with the limit switch (yet) cuz the belts are working fine. Thanks again.

Back