Pro-M MAF question

BlkSCnKS

I bought a 75mm Pro-M MAF a while back and it is set up for 42 lb injectors. My '95 only has 36 lb injectors and I can't afford a chip for a while. Can I just put the factory electronics on the Pro-M in place of the Pro-M electronics and be ok?
Thanks, Brandon

No, probably not. There is no way of knowing, so I suggest you wait till you get 42# injectors, tuner, or a chip.

Jeff

Last edited:
Not if you want it to run properly !! ;)

It may drive around OK, but you're risking a lean or rich condition at full throttle if it's not calibrated properly.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoo

No way. The electronics are calibrated to respond with a certain MAF curve (voltage vs. air mass). If you change anything (the size of the MAF body, the size of the sampling tube, the electronics) the sensor is no longer calibrated and is useless.

The difference between 36lb and 42lb injectors is only 16%, which is within the 25% (approx) range of the EEC to adapt. So you could probably get it to run with the Pro-M maf without a chip. But I'd be worried because the error would be on the lean side. Not a safe way to go. I'd say the best bet is to wait until you can afford either the chip, 42lb injectors, or a MAF recal.

(edit) heh heh we all replied at the same time...

Back