Alarm System

zena

I have a 1992 SC that I just bought 2 weeks ago and the keypad for the alarm sys, power locks and trunk opener took a **** on me. I had the keypad checked & a new battery installed and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is on the factory alarm systems and how do I find out??? I looked on the siren itself to try to find a name and there was nothing and the guy who I bought her from had no papers on it. If no one knows then I will have to pay this alarm guy to tear my dash out, with no guarauntee he'll find out, Please help. Email me: zena058@msn.com Thanks, Regina :confused:

Code Alarm made the alarms for GM, Ford and Mazda (still do for Mazda). The alarm was the same as the Pro 1000sx back in the day.

What's the problem? Does the LED light up? Is it lit all the time?

Jeff

Alarm

Hey Jeff,
Uuumm, well just the other day I went to unlock my doors with the keypad and it didn't work. I tried to open my trunk and that didn't work either. The LED light was not coming on. I took it to an alarm store that was recommended by my mechanic and the guy there tried a new battery, nothing, and he tried to re-soder some connections and still nothing. He was going to charge me $30 just to take the dash apart to find out what kind of alarm sys or the manufacturer, so he could get me a new keypad. So its Code alarm system, that's the name??

That's the manufacturer. The model is Pro 1000sx

The fuse is probably blown. The alarm is going to be under the dash on the drivers side, or it might be located in the trunk on the drivers side behind the carpet. I'm betting under the dash though. Can you do the work yourself, it's not hard?

Jeff

What does the keypad look like? Does it have a Ford logo on it? Is it about 2” by 1 ½” with 2 buttons that are rubber and square that almost touch in the center?

Jeff

alarm

Umm, I don't know. I wouldn't know where to begin. Ya know, how does that song go: "I'm just a girl..........!!!" I don't want to **** her up. She's in mint condition. I know where the siren for the alarm is, it's under the hood to the left of the radiator.

alarm

oh yes Jeff.....exactly. 2 buttons, 1 has 2 etches on it and the other button only has one etch on it. Yes , it's about 2 x 2 So, you know!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn’t even notice your screen name or name, but hey girls rule (it says so on a T-shirt). Well if you are made of money then you might want to pay someone to deal with it, otherwise there are only a few things to check. Pulling the cover under the steering wheel isn’t really that hard and will allow you access to the alarm. The fuses will be located in the harness and will probably be taped with black electrical tape or wire ties, or you could have a rats nest under there depending on the quality of the installer

BTW Sc’s are notoriously hard to work on and unreliable. If I didn’t own another car I wouldn’t own an SC. Don’t get me wrong I like the SC and all but they are a headache.

Jeff

So, Jeff, what car do you have??? No, I'm not made of money and have none right now, seeing how I just spent $4000 buying her. Yes, I did notice that there isn't any room to spare under the hood. Maybe on Friday if I feel ballsy enough, I will try to get under the steering wheel. If I have problems will you take me step by step through the process?? Anyway, I really appreciate your time & help.
Thanks a bunch,
Regina

Back