Acceleration problems

xman

When I first start the car, acceleration is great. Within 2 miles, once I hit the pedal and the boost goes over 3 lbs, the car jerks and stutters. If I hammer it, it will come out of it and run. The plugs were changed last year and worked for 3 days, then the problem returned. Anyone have any ideas. It is not using any significant oil. Thanks.

in da same boat

i have the same problem, it could me a misfire how's your wires and plugs, have you replaced your coil packs? also check out your DIS wires

i have hte exact some problem. here's my recent post: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27477 just incase you want to look at it and see if it describes your problem too and some solutions people give. if you change your plugs and wires and it fixes it if you could PM me i would GREATLY appreciate it. my car does the same thing except all the time. keep me updated. and i'll keep you updated if i solve mine too. thanks. steve.

The symptoms you describe can also occur when your crank sensor is on the way out. My car would buck and jerk the when I punched it sometimes it would run fine and sometimes it would die. Also, there were times I could drive it for two or three days with no trouble but then it would suddenly begin to buck and jerk again. Could happen on the freeway or in the driveway. Finally, it did quit running altogether and I was able to trace the problem to the crank sensor. I replaced it a year ago and it hasn't bucked since.
BTW, until the crank sensor failed all together, I wasn't getting any codes. This added to my frustrations.

Anyway, it's always a good policy to make sure all the inexpensive components are working properly first. But if I was a betting man....................

I posted a while ago that I was missing spark from two cylinders. All I did to fix this - was reseat all of the wires from the coil pack. I hope it's this simple to fix for you. Good luck

Easy checks

Make sure you have good fuel pressure and a clean air filter?

If you have low pressure place fuel filter if this hasn't been done...check for line kinks.....May need to replace pump.

Prior suggestion; wires are on and in the right order?

Then, pull plugs to see burn pattern....replace plugs and wires if this hasn't been done.

If your blower snout seal is leaking oil or oil is on the CID cap...you may need to clean it out or replace the cap if cracked.

Back