Radio Ignition(RED) Wire

2SC4ME

Hey, looking for any information about the wiring for the radio on a SC without the JBL system. My 90' decided to have a fit last night. The red key on key off wire for power to the radio went dead. However the radio fuse in the fuse block works perfect and did not short or blow. I have power on both sides of the fuse and no power up to the connector plug- the grey one for the red wire. Anyone who may have encountered something similiar or have any suggestions or ideals please reply or email me at BOOST TBIRD 1990@AOL.COM Thanks Everyone!! :)

Why don't you try and check the ACC fuse if there is one. I would personally check all of the fuses because sometimes different electrical systems are inter-linked.
Steve

My 35th had the same problem, go out under the hood there is a fuse out there.... Damn can't remember which one it is, I think it's the main accesory feed or something like that... I spent a couple hours with the factory schematic to finally realize what the heck it was really didn't see much of anything else out (not working) but sure knocked that wire out...... out there in the left fenderwell next to the water bottle... Change the fuse problem solved..

RJ:)

Problem fixed

Hey, after reading your post after pulling the head unit, fuse block and lower dash i found a faulty 5 amp fuse in the engine fuse block for "memory". Upon replacing it and finding a small short in the wire that caused that fuse to blow, everything is working perfectely. THANKS ALOT for your help, or otherwise I would have been tracing wires for the next two days! Thanks Again!!

Back