No max A/C after MP plenum install

mcate

Just installed a Magnum Powers intake plenum & 85mm TB on my '95 SC & I now don't have any max A/C. All that happens is it toggles between normal A/C & defrost. I figure it's vacuum related, but everything's connected. I've read something somewhere about having to use some sort of regulator. Anyone had this prob before?

Thanx,
Mike

Look up under the dash area on the passenger side. Kinda below/behind the glove compartment. You will find a small (probably silver) actuator. It "should" have a small vac line attached to it. Most likely it has been kicked loose by your passengers, or if it was pulled too hard from the engine side when you did the MP install.

This is weird, but apparantly after posting & replying to this thread last August, & then going out of town, I forgot all about it. Been wondering for a long time how to fix the max A/C problem. Well, I was thumbing through threads the other day, searching for info on my cooling fan troubles, & I stumbled across this one. So I took the advice & checked out the vacuum line mentioned by Jason Marsh. Sure enough, it was off. I replaced it & now the A/C works fine! Jason, if you're still out there, THANX! (Better late than never I guess!)

Mike

TbirdSCFan said:
Hey Jason.. do you have a supercoupe in your garage again?
Yea I've been sportin a 94-Auto SC for about a year and a half now. It was all trashed out (theft recovery) when I got it, so it's been a long road to recovery.

Back