does a...

Yes it does

I have a Magnum Products Cold Air divider.
Yes you need it to block hot air from going into the filter area also it best to make a forced Air intake setup.

Ram air from outside into the filter area helps a bunch I made my own from under the lower right runing light up into old air box hole neat deal.

head light thinger

actually Im trying to come up with a quick release for my head light cuz I know a guy with one on a supra and its great. And with the divider on the thinger I should get all the fresh cool air I need!:D

Something was brought to my attention today. Running a CAI from the bottom of the bumper close to the asphalt during the summer, doesnt that pick up hot air close to the asphalt? Unlike the air that goes through the headlight, Im asking becuase anyone step on some asphalt bare foot this summer? Its not very pleasent so I was just wondering since if its hot enough to cook an egg, that maybe it would effect us running the CAI close to the ground.

With the car moving, its hard to imagine that there is any real temperature difference from the headlight and below the fender. You have a fair number of openings in the bumper which mix the air up and push it around the wheel well. The cold air intake is misleading.. what it is is a setup which stops the air warmed by engine heat from being used. So you get "cooler" air by using air from outside the engine compartment. Its not really cold.

Back