Plz Help : Master Cylinder from hell!

Killer SC

Ok I'm dying here, I am replacing my master cylinder with a new one from Ford, I have the old one out, but and i am trying to get the new one in, basically it is impossible to attach the hose from the slave with it still attached to the tranny, so I'm trying to get that DAMN! ^%#!@$^&%!$# hose off the tranny with no luck! is there any tricks to this? or do i need a special tool? or what? or is it possible to get that damn pin (which I have almost lost twice!) with the hose still on the tranny?

anyone help would be amazing, I'm loosing it here!!!

thx
al

Don't know if I am too late

You need to take the "hose" or hydrolic hose off the tranny. There is a plastic ring around it, you need to push that in on all sides and then pull the hose. I used a flat head screw driver, and carefully went around it and then once the plastic was flushed pulled and the hose came off.

Once out you need to remove the pin from the old master cylinder to get the "hose" off. Use a nail or some other skinny object to hammer it out.

Attach the "hose" to the new unit and then attach the rubber hose( the one that goes to the resevior) to the master cylinder.

Then mount the Master cylinder into the firewall, it takes some time but make sure its seated tight. Attach the pushrod to the clutch pedal.

Then attach rubber hose to the resevior. Mount it and then put fluid in it.

Now you need to bleed the system. Fill the resevior to the top, then put a screw driver in the end of the "hose" so its open. And then pump the pedal. You want to move the fluid through the hose. Make sure the resevior stays full. Once you think the fluid is going through then attach the "hose" to the tranny.

Now pump the pedal fast a couple times 5-20 times and then wait..air bubbles will come floating up in the resevior, again make sure it stays full. Keep doing this untill you hear the slave kick in and the pedal will stiffen a bit, also no more air bubbles will be coming up.

IF you need more info check out my thread on this experiance.

Hope this helps,

Drew

Clutch Master Cylinder

Back