How much is my 89 SC worth?

phils89sc

I am really thinking about selling my baby!! She is a white 89 SC 5 speed. She has lotsa miles, 234K miles to be exact, but she runs great, leaks nothing, and has a few mods!!

Here are my "improvements":

11.5" Mark VIII front brakes (spindles, new Rotors/Pads, etc)

New rear brakes

70mm MAF

Custom manifold back 2.25"-2.5"-2.25" ( 2.25" downtubes to 2.25" hiflow cats, to Dynomax Welded Ultraflow dual 2.25" inlet, single 3" outlet (reduced to 2.5") resonator. From resonator goes to Flowmaster cat-back exhaust

New Autolite DP plugs (stock heat range)

New Bosch Oxygen Sensors

3.55 FMS gears (need installation)

Low Mileage supercharger with new Chicago Rawhide snout seal

10% overdrive SC pulley

New OEM harmonic balancer

New timing chain/gears

New Plug wires (Bosch)

SC intercooler fan

There are probably more to add, but the car is in pretty good shape overall. It could stand for a paint job probably, but has Zero rust anywhere, and all electronics are fully functional. I also has a spare cooling fan, M90 supercharger, and some other misc. parts. I have the Factory shop manual, and the vacuum diagram book. The car has a new headliner, but needs the liner for the moonroof slide replaced. The engine runs VERY well, and has had the EGR deleted due to broken EGR tube, but has the new valve in the stock location, just blocked off the hole.

The ARC works ok, shocks probably need replacing though, the A/C is retrofitted to R134 and works well.

If I missed anything important, please let me know.

So how much do you think I could get for it?

Thanks

Phil Stocker

well

To you, the car is probably worth 50,000 bucks... but to a buyer... they will see a 14 year old car with over 200K miles, no matter how well it runs, which they will probably only offer a few grand... it sucks. and it will always be like that, until another 30 years when these things become collector items ;) dont sell it! save it until the end,,
-Damon

$2800-$3200 assuming the body is clean. They don't really fall below $2500 as long as they are in good shape. If you find an enthusiest to buy it, they may go as high as $3800 since you've done a lot of the upgrades already. It would be worth it to them as they get a bargain on upgrades.

The extra parts you would do better to sell yourself.

Back