95 Supercoupes

drew97tbird

Approximatley how many 95 5-speeds were made in the Pearl white color? Also, what are the main problems with the SC's if any. I found a nice 95 for sale that I am thinking about getting, that's the reason for this post. I heard the head gaskets blow pretty often on the 3.8L, I'm sure the supercoupe has the same problem being the same engine other than the supercharger.

If I understood correctly.....

I am by no means as technical as alot of the other guys on here, but I have a 95 auto(pearl white) which I purchased with 58K miles in 2000. It now has 122K, mostly due to commuter driving before I moved to where I am presently.

If I am not mistaken, the 94/95's have the improved fel-pro gaskets? Someone please jump in if I misunderstood what I read some time ago. I dont think the problem is as common on the later models. Plus, I think how the car is driven has something to do with it as well. I have friends with bone stock 89's with over 200K on each of them. No problems at all with the headgaskets. I think if you are into going to the track(which I am not) or street racing from time to time(which I am not), problems become more likely than when only doing normal driving.

Input guys?

Chris

gaskets

I have a 90 auto sc,132,000 miles. replaced both head gaskets at about 80,000 miles. I use the boost quite often, its hard not to!!!!!

holy ****...

james5275 said:
I have a 90 auto sc,132,000 miles. replaced both head gaskets at about 80,000 miles. I use the boost quite often, its hard not to!!!!!

So true... so, so true... actually i dont think that ive gone by a day without hitting 75mph and i use my boost to get up to speed then i cruise... race, here or there mabye... mine were replaced at 80 k and i have had no problems since...

jOe

Ok, that's encouraging, the one I am looking at has 71,000 miles on it and has been well taken care of. By the way, anybody know the production numbers on the pearl white 5-speed in 95? If not could someone estimate. This car would be my collector car.

The 94-95's have the improved head gaskets. Some have had issues on the late models, but when I pulled the heads off my 70k mile 94 the gaskets were in mint condition.

As far as how many Pearl 5-speeds...I don't think you are going to get an actual answer to that question due to the fact Ford shows no production # to color info anywhere. Someone inside Ford would have to dig really deep to find this I would imagine.

My semi-educated guess would be at least half of the 574 would have been Pearl. I am getting this number fron the percentage I have seen for sale and owned by those on these boards (myself included) and others pearl seems to be the most common color for these.

Mine has 118,000 on it and it's a pearl Automatic, I'm constantly into the boost on the thing, like somebody else said it's kind of hard not to.

I think bottom line is how you drive it and what kind of options you put on it first. These cars are known to have restrictive exhaust systems and that should really be the first place to start. Unfortunatly not everyone reads out here on the board when they go out buy their first one. They start putting intake mods out the hilt, next thing your pushing way to much boost for any of the headgaskets to hold..

Mod it to your driving style, and for Gods sake upgrade the exhaust first, less likelyhood of the HGs causing you any problems..

RJ

I own two 95's (The red one has 125,000 miles, the black one only has 32,000) both automatics. I haven't had any head gasket issues to date, & I get into the boost daily whenever I drive either car. The higher mileage car has had the usual things replaced (water pump, belts battery, O2 sensors, plugs, wires) but has been a very reliable & fun car to drive. I drive it 20 miles to work & back every day. The car you're looking at sounds like a nice one. And with only 71,000 miles on it, it's got plenty left!

Attachments

• my 2 sc\'s.jpg
    my 2 sc\'s.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 302
Hey, I own a 95 5-speed Pearl White SC.

I have seen quite a few SC's in Pearl White and have seen a lot in other colors as well. I would suppose that divide the number of colors available to SC's by production numbers and this is an approximate number. I am currently trying to get special insurance on these cars for us due to low production numbers. Hey, they do it for vette's, How about us????

Don

Go for it!

I always had the impression that '95 Pearl White SC's with the 5-speed were the rarest of them all. I would definitely advise you to buy it if it's in good shape and if the price is right. You don't see many of these cars on the road, so you know you'd stand out. As long as you take good care of it, you should be OK.

I own th Chamelion Blue SC 5-speed and I have never really seen another one like it. Not to many color changing SC from 95 out there...lol. I wish we could find production numbers.

Also have a chameleon blue 95 5 speed! Called Ford customer service, and they said they could not tell me any production numbers other than the total number of t-birds produced for 95. Funny thing is for this color, if you look in the sales brochure, it is listed as chameleon blue, but in the factory service manual, it is refered to as venetian blue

Back