95 SC 1/4 times?

Depends on a lot of things

Is it a 5 speed or an auto, if it is a 5 speed have you driven it much, launching a five speed SC takes a little getting used to. What elevation are you running at . . . or I could just say anywhere from mid 15 to high 14's, that should have you covered.

Dave

It is a 5-speed. My altitude is about 500-600 feet. I'm in northeast Mississippi if that helps any. I haven't driven a 5-speed very much but I'm a quick learner, I'm sure I'll be able to launch it right.

Best wishes

Wellthen get it too the track and let us know the results, I am going to guess low 15's but you will need a sub 2.3 60's tme to do that . . . good luck with the launching.

Dave

95 Speeds

95 Five Speeds are a rare car, and if well maintained can be very fast. On of my fellow club members has a 95 5 speed, it is immaculate. He ran a best of 15.5 but this is at 2300 feet, he also is still learning how to launch the car. . . if the price is right they are an excellent peice of machinery.

Dave

Biggest problem with all SC's is wheel spin at launch. On the 5 speeds something even worse is wheel hop.

Due to the flexibility in the rear suspension, a forward and back motion gets going which causes extream shock loads in the driveline. Too much wheel hop and things break. Expensive things. Unfortunately it seems the transmission tailshaft housing is weaker than the driveshaft or the u-joints. People have broken the transmission tailshaft housing with excessive wheel hop.

for some reason i dont get any wheels spin that i can hear or feel. i rev mine to 3 or 4 grand and baby the clutch and it takes off pretty well but then boggs down to 1500 or so and slows me down. my best is a 15.4 at 91 so far. but i know my cars faster. its a 95 5 speed.

as long as you can launch it properly and the car has no series issues i see no reason why you couldn't be running high 14s. My car ran 15.315 bone stock and I have an auto. Good luck

The only time I ran mine when it was still absolutely stock, had about 35,000 miles on it ... ran 15.47 at 90.04 mph ... on Pirelli Winter 190 tires (it was still early in the season). :)

That was after not having been to the drag strip for about 7 or 8 years, my launching technique was a bit rusty ... I think the best 60 ft. time was about 2.28.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

92 5-speed SC K&N air filter deleated cats. And no mufflers the rest is stock. I ran a 14.6 at 92 mph speed shifting. ( not letting off the gas while shifting, all clutch.)

Back