A/c Not

fastasu

HOWDY, I DID THE CLIP #14 WIRE BACK IN MARCH , SOLVED MY HEATING PROBLEM. NOW IT'S SUMMER AND MY A/C DOESN'T WORK. WOULD CUTTING THE #14 WIRE AFFECT THE A/C OPERATION? I HAD IT RECHARGED AND THE COMPRESSOR WON'T KICK ON. I REPLACED THE IRCM AND THE CAR WOULDN'T START, SO I PUT THE OLD IRCM BACK IN, RUNS FINE BUT NO A/C. IT'S 108 IN COOL TODAY AN NO A/C IS $#$$^$$^%^$$!

THANKS,
RUSS

fastasu said:
WOULD CUTTING THE #14 WIRE AFFECT THE A/C OPERATION? I HAD IT RECHARGED AND THE COMPRESSOR WON'T KICK ON.
The IRCM shouldn't affect the A/C. The 2 relays in there control the fan's speed, but there is nothing sent back to the EEC if the fan is running or not. The EEC will signal the fan to turn on if the A/C is on and the car is not moving fast enough. Your problem could be that you don't have enough refrigerant to trip the pressure switch on top of the accumulator. To test it, unplug it and jumper the connector (the 1/2 with the wires, not the part attached to the accumulator) with a paper clip briefly with the engine running and the A/C on and see if the compressor engages. Its possible you might need a new switch. Have you had the A/C tested? If so, what were the suction and high pressure readings? Its also possible that the compressor clutch air gap is too large, or that the clutch coil is bad.
In this pic, the blue cap is the suction port for the test guage, the black tube just behind it is the accumulator outlet, the silver ring beside it is the pressure switch.
attachment.php

Back