SC belt slippage

roost5o

I drive a '95 SC with 38K miles. My problem is that the sc belt slips at full throttle at around 4000 rpm. The belts and tensioners were replaced but to no avail. I loosened the drain/fill screw on the sc and fluid started coming out, but the engine was warm. BTW that stuff smells like STANK feet. The sc pulley appears to be stock and boost at full steam is around 12psi. The cars has a factory replacement K&N filter and a Superchips module that I will be sending back to them so that they can reprogram for a new computer.

That is very strange. You should not be experiencing this problem. Are the tensioners reading towards the high side of the range scale stamped into the tensioners? I know with smaller pulley's you often need to run slightly shorter belts. I've also found that the "gator" style belts grab a little better.

get a shorter belt..my 95 belt slipped with a 5% pulley and shorter belt fixed my problem..

How do you know it's slipping?

Yes SC fluid is some nasty stuff I "rank" it up there with dirty diapers and week old milk.

Jeff

Also not all belt brands are created equal..I have had best luck with dayco belts as far as keeping belt from slipping

I just took the larger belt tensioner puller and put it on the supercharger tensioner. Even with a 10% pully it did not slip.

sand blast the pulley ribs, sometimes between the ribs parts of the belts become lodged and the belt doesnt seat all the way. The sandblasting also gives the belt something to "bite" into, you might even have to use a hack-saw blade between the pulley ribs to remove the buildup

ya

I also have that same prob.I put a 10% pulley on my 89 and it slips.I lose about 4 pounds of boost everytime it slips.I was thinking about putting a bigger tensioner pulley, but was wondering?Can I buy a smaller belt from Auto zone?

Back