Freakish starts and am I being raped?

Stevie_B_SC

Sooooooooooooooooo ................................ my guy says he's certain the sending unit for the fuel pump is why the car starts sometimes and sometimes doesn't. But he also said it was the relay, that cost me $200, then he said it was the fuel pump, another $200, now it's this sending unit? wants another $300. Right.................so I'm looking around on Google and I can't find a sending unit for over $10.00. He says it's some rare part they gotta fly in from Georgia or something. I just want the damn thing fixed and am still trying to figure out where to put the blinker fluid.........NOOOOOOOOO not quite that ignorant, but not quite as mechanically inclined as I obviously need to be to own this lovely automobile. So to pay for this debaucle I've got a Les Paul in pawn and my Stratocaster on Ebay..........if that's not love, i dunno what is. ;)

So yeah...........i guess my question is..........would you fire bomb the shop or the car first?

the shop....best thing you can do is buy a book try to figure it out yourself and ask here if you try to do stuff yourself and you are stuck on sumthin. and if you are just gonna keep changing parts buy them yourself and do it yourself and start with the cheapest ones first. my car has sputtered since the hg's were changed and i have done it backwards. idid the expensive things first too like fuel pump and stuff. and it still sputteres and is hard stareting sometimes. so my advice to you is start learning about the car.

oh ya and change the fuel filter. it is cheap and easy to do and it could be your problem.

The fuel sending unit will not prevent your car from running, it only tells your gas gauge how much gas is in the tank.
You may have a problem that I had and that may be confusing your mechanic.
Pull the fuel module out of the tank and check the wire connections on the fuel pump. Mine were burnt up!

Attachments

• pic03.jpg
    pic03.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 179
The Shop!!

�gShop or Repair Shop�h definition: stupid, incompetent, thieving, lying, *&@#)$, @!#$@, scum of the earth!

They know, if you are there, they have you by the balls!

I will absolutely break my back to try and do most things myself! If I mess it up, I don�ft feel near as bad as I do when I get ripped off!

Pleeeaaasssssse!! Let ME break it!!

My theory is that really stupid and uninformed people must live very pleasant lives. They never know what is happening to them. For the rest of us�c It really SUCKS!

Remember�cHappy thoughts and don�ft loose your smile
:D

WAIT, WAIT, WAT, WAIT!!! You said he charged you $200 to replace the fuel pump relay???? Whoa, there skip!! Time to either:

1) Learn more about these cars (get yourself a repair manual, such as a Chilton's available at any parts store. Also be sure to check these forums often - they're full of people who know their stuff and are more than willing to help out) to get your hands dirty and do the repairs yourself.

OR

2) Find a new mechanic. I'm sure some members of this club who happen to live in your area would be happy to lend you a hand (as long as you buy them lots of pizza and beer, of course).

Wicked SC

Come-on... You cant blame him! You KNOW that shop is doing the SAME thing to every person that comes in there!

Sometimes you need your car to get to work and you have to get it fixed fast.

Thats when they get ya!! That is when they get everyone!!!

You know your getting ripped off, but what are your choices!? You cant be an expert on everything all the time. They have gotten me more than I care to remember, and I would bet they have had a go with you as well.

Its like he said! "RAPE"

Well if your car has the fuel pump relay located in the ICRM as my 94 does it does cost a bit..Id run codes on our car and see what comes up..It could be many things inclusing the PCM....The Sending unit>>,,Definately not

Back