Window tint

N

NY Supercat

Window tint

Can anyone recommend a good place to have my windows tinted (cheap). I might go to Car Tunes tomorrow on Rt 110 over in Amityville. They're asking $175 and offer a lifetime guarantee.
I tried a few other places, but they're either booked tomorrow or don't do Saturday's and give a limitted 5 yr warranty. The other places were asking $145.
BTW I'm trying to get this and my tune uo done in time for Chuck's party next weekend.

Re: Window tint

sweet I'm getting my system put in wednesday so we'll all be hooked up for the meet!

Adding further, more @#%$ into the topic....

At DPA (231 NORTH), they did a lineup of spot checks on every car going North on DPA.

I got sited and ticketed for having too dark of a tint on my car. $60 fine. They say 70+% is the law, I had under 12%. But, there were a few technicalities on the ticket, which I'm gonna contest in court.

Re: Adding further, more @#%$ into the topic....

Heh, just roll your windows down, and tell em they're broken when they want to put the tint meter on :)

Re: Adding further, more @#%$ into the topic....

Too late. :lol:

WINDOW tint - what's the Limit??

I was about to get 20%; will this get me ticketed? Otherwise I will go to 35%; there's no inbetween.
OR, is the limit only on the door windows and not the side and rear?

Re: WINDOW tint - what's the Limit??

With my 10% tint, the police officer didn't see me give him the middle finger when I raised the glass, with the dome lights on. He was looking throught the window, too. The only reason why I did that, was because he left 3 errors on the ticket, which I'm gonna contest in court (My VIN, plates, and left the date of offense blank.)

I was informed by a very polite NY State Trooper that stopped me in my 93 Mustang a few years ago and told me that driver and passenger side windows on 1992 and newer vehicles have to pass 70% of the light my Mustang has 20% tint on the sides and factory tinted glass so the meter said the they passed 17% he wrote me a ticket for window tint it's not a moving violation so I just paid it
P.S
My mustang has 5% on the back and rear side windows 20% on the sides a 35% strip on the top 6" of the windshield and 50% on the rest on the windshield cut out around the registration and inspection stickers

So 'technically' since my XR7 is a '90 I'd be ok with the 20% all around. Do they require you to prove you did the work prior to '92? If not, then I could simply put 35% on the driver/passenger windows and 20% for the rest.

I know it's crazy but go ask a cop he would know hell Russ is a lawyer he can find out

Back