Polishing 94 SC rims

Stelar SC

Im gona start to polish my 94 sc rims soon, but the only thing i wanted to ask is...

1. will it be easier than a 89-92 rims (it looks like less bumps on my 94 sc rims compared to my 91 rims)

2. the acuall rim is alot less curvy than my 91 rims, so does this mean its easier?

Does anyone have any pics of polished 94 sc rims i can see?

I know ether way its gona take a long time, but im prepared to polish them.

thanx
-ken

I picked up an extra set for my 90 and I'm going to polish them this winter. One thing though, your wheels are directional and the earlier SCs aren't.

what about the center caps?the 93-95 caps are plastic,so if you shine your rims up,youd still have plastic grey caps..i toyed with the idea for awhile,but i lost intrest and got chrome wheels[they came with caps too]

its not too easy....i did mine this winter and it takes about 14 hours per rim minus the center caps. I polished those later on a lathe. Its a pain...trust me...once you get the paint off the wheel its very hard and cast. Takes a lot of time and sore arms to get them to look nice. Here's a pic of my 92' rim. If you're rims are stainless...i'll polish them, just pay for shipping each way.
355354_17_full.jpg

355354_18_full.jpg

355354_1_full.jpg

355354_20_full.jpg

Im using the center caps off of my 91 sc rims, but im goign to try to start the rims tommoro morning, the 94 sc rims look alot smoother than the 91 wheels, so mayeb it might be easier... but there is only one way to find out, ill keep everyone updated

well i guess the 91 sc caps dont fit, lol... o well, andyone know where i can buy a set of chrome ones that will fit 94 sc rims

update on rims... the paint was easy to take off, it took me about an hour but i got it all off. then the sanding, this is the part where i wanted to kill myself, its extremely hard to get it perfectly smooth, but what does everyone use the tripoly compound with, i useda dremel to try it out and it leaves lines and crap, what else can i use to make it all even?

i sanded with course emory paper. medium, then fine..then i wet sanded 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, rubbing compound, white rouge, and jewlers rouge. The only way to get the casting marks out is to use emory paper, but then to get those marks out you have to keep going finer and finer in small steps. If you dont take your time...then it'll come out really bad or jsut look like a brushed aluminum. Keep at it....like i said it takes about 14 hours per rim.

Iv tryed go go everywhere, and i cant find emery board anywhere, i used sandpaper so far with a rubber holding thingy and i just kept sanding, i got some spots realy smooth, but i can get some other spots.

Emory cloth, not emory board.

Emory cloth comes in both sheets and in rolls. Any auto parts store should have some.

Back