MX (copper) radiator recore

MTTod

Just spent some time with the local radiator shop and I'm having mine recored with an MX core. The specs say it provides almost twice the cooling capacity of a standard core and it's all copper. If it fits the tanks we're going with a 3 row MX so it should cool about as good as a 6 row. Anyone had this done using a copper core?

I told the guy about the Griffin radiator. He said this job would probably run about $250 give or take a little. Lots cheaper than $600.

After overheating a couple of times last weekend it's time to do something. I couldn't run over 80 on the freeway without the temp slowly climbing. It was 105 outside and I had the AC off to try and keep it cool. Didn't help the motor and I was cooking.

Temperature

When I was stationed in Idaho Falls (right next door for those who don't know their geography), the temperature range over the 6 months I was there went from -25F to 101F. So, it does get that warm out there.

Everyone thinks it's mountains, woods, lakes... nice not too warm summers. More like the land of extremes! Our normal temp range is -10 to 100. First winter here we hit -30.

I'm in NW Montana, right in the Glacier Park area. It was around 98 at my house yesterday. Supposed to hit 100 this week. I was in the southern part of the state when it hit 105. Pretty common down there.

Back