TUNE up time!

N

NY Supercat

TUNE up time!

Guys,

I'm getting my XR7 tuned up next weekend. A few questions:
Has anyone ever had their car serviced at the Ford dealership in
Copiague (right on Sunrise)? YES, they are open on Saturdays :)

Could it be possible that it will cost me under $300 (60,000mi
service)? I even told them it was an SC; they told me their prices
were low.

What do I need to make sure these guys understand. Or can
I basically assume they will know what they're doing?

Any words of advice?

Re: TUNE up time!

Sounds like you're getting low-balled on the phone. Get a written estimate from a Ford mechanic.

I was willing to pay up to $400 for a tune up since that's what
my trusted mechanic and a few other Ford service shops
were quoting me. I have a feeling they just gave me a regular
tune up quote and didn't factor in all the labor involved; but I
will get the write up b4 leaving the car and I expect it will be more
than the $225-275 range they gave me.

Yep, expect a phone call about an hour after you drop it off saying, "Yeah, well, uhmmm, we got the hood open, and it's gonna run you just a liiiiiitle more than we first thought..."

Typical of every Ford dealer. They don't know an SC from a emcee...

Exactly what russ said

one time when mine was in for warranty they changed a tail light socket for $27 w/out my permission,if it wasn't such a weasely measley amount the argument would have gone on longer,but i'm still ahead on them

proceed with caution,don't bend over in front of them by any means (they wait)

I've dealth with these service shops before and I realize how specific I have to be with them. There's just so many parts that I don't know about the SC (I'm have her since 7/7/01).

I just want a 60,000 mile service tune up ,have the end links replaced and the front end balanced.

DO you guys recommend anyone else in the area (I'm in Lindenhurst). I would like to go to the dealership service out near the east end sc guys, but they're only open during the week and I just can't make it out there. Dave, one of the eesc owners is also a mech. for the dealership.

So if you have any trusted local shops let me know; I might even be able to go tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Did you try asking Dave really really nicely to make an exception and tuneup your car even though they are only doing engine builds now? He might do it for you. If you dont have his #, give us a call and we will put a good word in for you.

Paul
718-727-8442

SC Performance,
I called East End and spoke to Dave's partner. He was the one who told me that Dave worked at the Ford dealership and to insist he work on my XR7. But, that unfortunately they were doing only engine building work at the time due mostly to the volume of work they had and no longer had time for routine type jobs.
If you could give them a call and put in a good word for me, I would REALLY appreciate it. I figure if anyone can plead my case it would be you; also, since I already spoke to them I don't want to pester them. Maybe after this first round I could then build my relationship with them.
After you talk to them write me back at nycougarnut@cs.com and tell me what to do next.

Thanks a lot!!
Jorge

Back