Horible Night at the track

fastsc92

After finishing my car over the winter and spring, after the tranny blew up at the track last year...i make it back for the first time last night. Lasy year I was able to run a 14.211 with a CAI, 5% pulley, IC fan, and full exhaust with no cats.
Over the winter I put a set of 3.27 gears, all poly bushings, S/T springs, new clutch, 75mm TB, ported plenum, AFPR, and a ZEX nitrous kit. I wasn;t able to use the kit last night, but it only ran a 15.2. I admit i was driving it like a baby, because i dont want to blow another tranny, but thats no excuse. I got a good launch, but a lousy 2.3sec 60 foot. The weather was about 85, and muggy. The car just didn;'t feel that fast either, but it might just be the driver(lol). Anyways, I was just disapointed that it didn't run faster. It prob. didn;t help much that I havent raced in about a year. Just disapointing.

14.2 w/ just an intake, exhaust, and pulley? Wow. Thats quick for such minimal mods.

Take it back when its cool out and see what she'll do.

My car has about the same mods you have. Look at my members page on SCCoA.com

From the mods you posted, nothing there is going to improve your times over last year. The 3.27 gears and stiffer springs are only going to kill your weight transfer and traction. Hence the lousy 60 ft time. If you want to run good times with those gears you are going to need some good traction. Get some drag radials and some ice. ;)

well the springs nearly stopped my wheel hop, and that was what i was after. And the gears...i figured that would get me out of the hole a lot faster.

considering the temp was in the 80s that night and the humidity 87% and u did 93mph as apposed to 94mph in 45-50 degree dry weather in the fall, u didnt loose a thing, and when it gets to that fall temperature again ull probably will be faster then last year. u really didnt do much to it to get any more mph out of it with out the nitrous on, the gears will make it quicker but the mph wont change, the throttle body might have done a little and other then that its the same. a good example was the fact that my car lost 4mph from the spring i went from 100mph passes to 96mph. this weather is perfect ingredients for poor throttle response, lower power out put, hotter running engine and a sweaty driver. the get that thing to launch its gonna take a lot of finese with the clutch and throttle to see sub 2.0 60 foot times. ur gearing definitly should be quicker then last year, for the weight of that car, the tranny ratios, the power to 5k the 3.27s are a pretty good choice. if u were to run some BFG drag radials ud be well into sub 2.0 60s and ull fly. dont baby that thing, their meant to run hard. and when u get a chance to run the N2O up there i think its gonna excede ur expectations.

Back