Where to buy flexible plastic?

supercatxr7

I need to make a lower air dam for my car and need to buy a 2 foot by 6 foot piece of flexible plastic material. Plexiglass will not work. Basically I have a xenon front air dam, but need to create a lower section for it to get more of a ram air effect on the radiator. Anyone have a source? I'm looking for something like the material that is around the hood latch area of our cars that prevents air from missing the radiator and going under the hood.

thanks,
mark

I checked with Ford last week and the original air dam is still available. The part number is E9SZ63001A06A. They said the price was about $32.

mark: Why not just throw the pontiac air dam underneath the bumper? The pontiac ones are a popular replacement for our stock ones due to the better design/size of it

air dam.....

I'm not really looking to make something factory. I am making a direct flow from some openings in the current front air dam/bumper (it is a Xenon front bumper cover) to my heat exchanger and radiator.
mark

Will it be exposed directly to road debris?

ABS is a good material and flexes fairly well but if you are hanging it below the front I wouldn't recomend it.

Try a plastics company. I bought a 4'X4'X 1/4" thick sheet for $75 at a local plastic's company.

Jeff

Back