PDA

View Full Version : Newbe with QUESTIONS!!!

gsragtop
07-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Hay guys and gals, I just got a 92 SC. I have a few quetsions I am hopeing you can help me with.. I read the archives but still have some problems.
1) My radio (JBL) did not work at all, I disconected the factory CD player, now it works but barley.. DO I have to jump some wires or are the amps blown??
2) My AC only blows thrugh the Defoger (auto climate control), I pulled the head unit and I have no vac at all, where is the vac pulled from??
3) When I hit the brakes the brake light, then abs light turn on then right imediately off. in order.. The brakes feel fine, but I dont get the light issue.. Thanks for your help

JOSH

Mike8675309
07-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Ouch... you have some work ahead of you.

#1 - Don't know
#2 - Don't know
#3 - ABS Accumulator. This is a device in the Hydraulic system that stores hydraulic pressure created by the hydraulic pump. When this device has failed, the pump needs to make up the pressure all the time. It's not designed to run all the time so it's recovery is not fast enough to prevent hydraulic pressure from dropping for a moment when brakes are used. This creates a momentary period when the ABS pressure switch flips the lights on. This behavior is very stressful for the pump to have to run so often. It would be a good idea to get this fixed fast. I would also suggest changing out all the brake fluid while your at it. Also check the rear brake calipers to make sure the lower slide pins are not frozen up.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~miketoni/images/tbird/absactuator.jpg

gsragtop
07-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the reply. Just so I am sure I understand, that thing in the diagram called the accumilator is bad, correct??
Where can I find a new one and how much??
JOSH

Mike8675309
07-20-2003, 12:34 AM
Prior Remanufacturing sells them for around $99.00.

http://www.priorreman.com/

Note that this is based on your description. It may not be your only problem. The nice thing with Prior is that if you buy the accumulator and you find further problems, they'll can rebuild your ABS master cylinder assembly and will deduct the cost of the accumulator towards the cost of the rebuild.

BlkSCnKS
07-20-2003, 12:55 AM
As far as question number one, I believe it is your cd player. The one in my '91 did that and I had to heat up the cd player to get it to work. As long as it's hot, it works. I think they had problems with the electronics in the cd players. See if anybody will verify that though. Brandon

duanemyhre
07-20-2003, 01:23 AM
My CD player also didnt work in my 90 SC when I got it. The speakers and amps work fine. I installed a new Sony head unit and everything worked fine. Here is some info to check the wires.

(dark blue) is the "radio on" signal wire for my amp. Here are additional pins
Input
1 - w/o lf -
2 - lb/bk lr+
3 - y lr-
4 - w/r rf+
5 - br rf-
6 - p/w rr+
7 - lg lf+
8-9 not used
10-lb rr-

Amp PWR/output
1 -br/pk rr-
2 -pk/lb rr+
3 -dg/o rf-
4 -w/lg rf+
5 -t/y lr-
6 -pk/lg lr+
7 -lb/w lf-
8 -o/lg lf+
9-11 not used
12-db radio ON signal
13-bk/lg ground
14-bk/o pwr input

MSG419
07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
I know you can install an aftermarket head unit on the JBL system and use the stock amps. Or you can bypass the amps
and use the radio's built in amp.

Is there a way to wire an aftermarket radio with an internal amp so both the radio amp and JBL amps combine their power??

Thanks,

Mark
'93 SC