1/4 mile times

TbirdSC93

Just curious as to what kind of times people are runnin in our club?
also wondering if my mods are enough to break into the 13s

Ok, keep in mind that I ran a 16+ in my less than stock Cougar, but here is my opinion anyhow. I think you will fall short of 13's maybe not by much. The general opinion on this site seems to be you can't do it with just bolt ons due to the heads limiting flow. You have improved the in flow and the out flow, but they may be outflowing your heads now, in theory.
Also, if you've never raced at the track before it will probably take a little while for you to get the 13's even if you car can do it.
What's that 4.10 gear like, do you have any idea what mph you are at redline in third? I'm curious because I've mostly seen 3.73's recommended for the auto's, but was wondering about lower ones.
My goal is to get into the 13's someday. I hope I get to see you try soon. I'll even race you maybe with all that power you will sit at the line spinning while I'm putt putting my way to another victory. lol
My official guess is 14.27@97.33mph. Depending on weather conditions this may be of by +or- .1sec or mph. lol
Gee I bet this helps you.

Kurt

Thanx for the info kurt...

the 4:10 is pretty extreme and maxes out at around 94 i believe...I bought the car with them on there and I plan on gettin some 3:73s. There pretty fun to...peelin tires thru first and most of 2nd. Gettin traction is pretty tough tho...maybe with some slicks itd be easier...its just that damn OD breaks so easy
If I still have them at the next meet your willin to ride in the car and I'll give you a lil test drive

Oh I'll be willing to ride, no doubt. Actually if you ever race with slicks the 4.10's will probably be just about right. More than likely they will be taller than your street tires and that of course will knock your gear down. Solid 13's will be right around 100mph or a little faster so a taller tire might put you right there.

Kurt

Back