SC powered Street Rod

csturboz

I have got a 53 chevy pickup, dropped a 95 SC engine and tranny between the rails. Its that time to bend the exhaust, But i cant for the life of me remember where on the XR7 i had a few months ago the o2 sensors were. How many of them and where are they at on the sc exhaust system ?? I Hope i dont need to run cats as i am runnin straight pipes with new 50's steel pack mufflers in hopes to get some of that old chevy split 6 sound, with a wee bit of SC whine... :D

Any info would be greatly apprieciated!!

Aaron Gaines
CSturboZ@aol.com
785-819-3696

2 O2 sensors one is in the manifold and one is in the exhaust pipe.

Since you will be emmissions exempt you don't have/need to run cats. XR7 and SC's use the same exhaust manifolds. 94-95 SC's the manifold is a little different on the pass side.

I would suggest that since you have the room you might want to try a set of V6 Mustang headers.

I can't remember whether or not the 94-95 had 2 or 4 O2 sensors right now or not. Pretty sure it's 2 total.

All SC's only had 2 o2 sensors. Only the OBD-II compliant cars needed 4.

One can only wonder what the SC would have been like it they had continued it through 97 with an OBD-II compliant EEC-V.

Pistures please as my Son wants to SC a truck.

I believe the question was answered. So can we see some pics of this truck? Hope, ... Doug

I just got my exhaust done on my '95 SC... It has 2 O2 sensors, in the factory setup there is one in the manifold and the other was actually in the catalytic converter. I got the kooks mid-length headers from www.supercoupeperformance.com and both O2 sensors are at the collectors. I ordered all my exhaust from SCP, including, Kooks mid-length ceramic coated headers, shorty downtubes with high flow cats, and the SCP cat-back system. It sounds incredible and whines like crazy with the ZR Motorsport cold air intake system. I would also like to see pictures of this truck, could you post a link??
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=135686

Back