Where to get new trans

FlyingLow90

i need a new transmission. i found this place off of ebay that sells remanufactured ones for 495.00 but i dont know if it is totally right for my car. i would buy a used one from someone here but i want to be sure it will get me through for a long time and it can handle some abuse. where can i buy a new one from for around that price or maybe over. just trying to get the best for my car.

495 sounds good to me. Where can you get these? Please send a link or phone or address, OK?

I paid 850 for a rebuild where they removed and installed and replaced the throtle position link.

Be careful..you get what you pay for....

Make sure the entire transmission is rebuilt. I have a buddy that runs a performance trans shop www.sratrans.com and I have seen many transmissions come throught the door that were suposed to be rebuilt but were just slapped together and explode in a couple of months.
Most of the shops that offer cheap trannys just pull it apart and throw some clutches in it or only fix the broken parts. You may be safer going to a local shop (with a good reputation)....since it's loads of fun pulling the trans out....drop the exhaust, swing the rearend down etc.... . If you do it you only want to do it once. I am not sure about the trans on ebay they may be perfect but usually there is over $495 in labor alone before parts. Good luck.

Still would like to know where to get the tranny for 495. Was that an eBay one shot deal or do they sell all the time. Not much dif. in a NA and SC AOD. Friend of mine has a 90 NA Couger that wants a rebuilt tranny to run for awhile before he trades off.

Back