Lawsuit finally settled, check out the pic

grey500se

after two years and $170,000 for the injured, its finally over, I will never complain about paying for insurance again

Attachments

• tbirdwreckpolice.jpg
    tbirdwreckpolice.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 849
70mph hit, ouch, one tough car, I walked away, can't say that for the officer's, now it only looks like one state trooper but they had a mercedes pulled over, I pushed the first car 20 feet then the second trooper car totalled them both, happened 10/20/01 on route 66 going east VA near Fairfax county parkway, anyone from VA? 36 hours in jail and a six month suspension, $300 fine plus $1000 for my lawyer

PS-Randy 90SC you out there?

How did it happen? Loose control, drinking, etc? Looks like the SC held up pretty well for that hard of a hit.

-Rod

me and the guy in front of me were driving pretty fast in the right lane, soon as we came over the hill he braked after seeing the Red and Blue light special and the Tbird just couldn't stop in time, I avoided the guy in front but veered right hitting the state troopers, I still parted the car for over $2000 thanks for the reply

And how did it come out for you? Did it come out in your favor or not?

Good to know MN12's hold up well in accidents like that.

-Andy "Melon"

I'm also curious as to the state of the trooper... not even going to ask how fast you were going prior to hitting the brakes - it will bring out too many of the 'personalities.'

Definately makes me think about investing in some upgraded brakes though...

Paul

the trooper had a herniated disk but he's totally okay now, it was definately in my favor, insurance paid for everything,

my wheels locked up, I know the ABS worked because I was using it in the rain a few days earlier, maybe its different when on dry road, so I don't know what happened to them, also the car caught on fire I think that was the custom electric cooling fans I had, wired must of gotten pinched

My buick looked like that after just a 30mph hit, always heard these cars are built like a tank. I bet your glad you werent in a little honda!!:D

After looking at your accident, it looks as if your front rims survived the crash. Am I correct? If so, that's fawkin' priceless! A Mustang or F-Body wouldn't look half-pretty as that wreck, after a 70mph hit - nooooooooooooo doubt! :rolleyes:

I must say - and I speak for all of us, MN12s are very safe, affordable automobiles. Screw Volvo - MN12 rules! I pity Ford, for not thinking to redesign the new age T-Birds and Lincolns with the same chassis. They would have been a bigger hit. Previous sales statistics show that.

Too bad I missed out on the partout on your car. I could've used a your passengerside 1/4 panel, for a fraction of the dealer's cost, since I have the same exact color as the SC you once had. On a more pleasant note, I'm glad your troubles are behind you. Insurance owns.

Last edited:
that looks pretty rough, reminds me of the wreck I had a few years back in the sense that you were hauling a$$ when it happened.

I was in a '90 Acura Integra that I horseshoed around a tree doing 80mph (well maybe 65 or so, it shredded three smaller cherry trees before the big one).

while hondas may have sucky torque, mine held up well enough for me to limp out of it with a slightly fractured ankle only.

I agree entirely about the brakes on pre '93s. I do not know if the upgraded ABS system works better, though it seems to. These older brake system will lock up on dry pavement, especially if you have one or more different tires.

I also very much agree about the safety of these cars. Some time ago I was attempting to pass a vehicle on a cold night while driving down a large back road in an SC. It was moving very slowly after a stop, so I took the pass easy. As I began moving back into the lane looking into my side view, I realized I did not have enough clearance & sped up, fast. With the radio & heat on + windows up, I had not realized at the time the vehicle was accelerating heavily to prevent my passing. After speeding up to complete the pass, I again started moving into the lane. It was then I realized how fast it was approaching, and I immediatly pressed the brakes and moved back into the left lane to slow down. Unfortunatley at this point I was well over eighty (speed limit of 55 + any normal pass will almost always put you up to at least 70 even in a Jeep). When I started moving back into my lane, my two front tires (at that time recently replaced with different kind than rear tires) began locking up, and I immedialty started loosing control of the vehicle. I backed off the brakes and was able to correct three times within the second before slamming head on into the 6 foot deep ditch at well over 80 miles an hour. The car flipped 6 times in the air, came back down on the drivers side hard, slid like that for 100 feet, then came perfectly to rest caught in the V of the ditch perpendicular to the road. After watching the vehicle speed by the scene, I immediatley unfastened my seatbelt and jumped out the broken drivers side window of my disabled door. The car looked like a train hit it from 3 sides, but I hadn't even a scratch. Even the safety belt functioned so well that I had no excessive force exerted on my body that entire time. This is unlike the accident which occured to me years back while a passenger in a Subaru wagon @ 40 mphs, in which the seatbelt nearly caused fluid buildup in my lungs, after letting me hit the dash. So yes, I agree that the car is safe.

To those who might be wondering; no. I never caught the vehicle, and even with its type & color, was never able to identify it with the police. I decided three things after this. I was buying another MN12, every pass that I executed in the future would be done as if the car beside me was a time bomb, and I would obtain the license plates, make, model & color of any car that attempted a similar dangerous driving maneuver in my presence again.. for the police.

AAMOF I do. They are polaroids, but turned out pretty well. Haven't scanned them since the incident occured as I never planned on using them on the computer.. but I can post some up here. The passenger side looks like almost nothing happened.

Back