Powersteering hose

HSKR

Well, my new car('94 SC) has a leaking powersteering pressure hose. I bought a new hose and was going to attempt replacement today but my tools aren't at my house right now. Has ayone else had to replace the powersteering hose before that coudl offer some tips on replacing it?? It looks like the intercooler pipeing will need to be removed to do it. Will probably end up doing new plugs, wires, and motor mounts at same time. How hard is a motor mount swap? I have new solid rubber mounts.

You do not HAVE to remove you ic piping. Im not sure wich will be easier though, with or without it on there. just take your windshield washer box OUT and get rid of it. It will make things so much eaisier to do. And god forbid your vaps breaks, you will hate life with that washer reservouir in there. Good luck.

I don't see how removing the washer fluid resevior will help with the power steering hose. It sits in front of the intercooler next to the A/C condenser. Now I did have the radiator overflow and fuse box loose which freed up a lot of room to get my hands in there, but without the proper tools, I couldn't get a wrench on the nut fr the power steering hose.

I think I remember when I did my motor mounts that I cracked my cowl while jacking the engine up. I could not remove the cowl all the way because I had not removed the wiper, which could not be removed in the down position. Looking back I guess I could have hooked my battery up to do it but I was in the middle of battle and maybe wasn't thinking straight.

Kurt

Back