crank sensor and canister purge solinode

motorhead72767

i bought a crank sensor from Western Auto and a Canister purge solinode from NAPA did any one ever have any problems with theses aftermarket sensors?I keep getting a code 85-canister purge circuit problem and a code 14-ignition pickup erratic.Now i did a voltage test on the red wire coming to the canister purge and it was suppose to have 12 volts ,the wire had 12 volts but the connectors in the plug were erratic so i cut the corroded terminals off and replaced them and now have 12 volts there and still the code 85 appears............HELP

yes i did ,many times.I already took back a faulty IAC to NAPA and i thought that maybe the other sensors from these aftermarket companies are no good and out of the spec for the ECM also.

Last edited:
Check the wiring. Make sure there aren't any wires chaffed loose connections or anything like that.

Jeff

yeah thats my next plan to go through the wires and check them out
it says the PIP is erratic so im thinkin either the aftermarket sensor is bad or there are bad wires

It can cause the same problem you are getting. Not sure why coolant effects a magnetic sensor, but I know it happens. Not sure if the Western Auto (thought they were out of business) crank sensor is the problem or not. Still check the wiring get down there real good.

Jeff

IM GONNA DO A CONTINUITY TEST ON THE WIRING AND CHECK ALL CONNECTORS,I JUST GOT A JOB AT A FORD DEALER AND THIS WAS SOME OF THE REASON FOR GETTING A JOB THERE TO USE THE DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH.

Back