PDA

View Full Version : electronical problem helppp!

BIGBIRD
07-21-2003, 03:56 PM
:confused:

Hi, anyone knows about the electronic box located in front of the air filter that controls or has to do with the fan, a/c compressor and idles (because of the voltage, i think), since the mechanic put the fan in direct (when i had problems with the temp. sensor)starts my problems, now my car started with some trubles, after a few minutes the idles goes fine, but when the engine gets hot and the fan started to work the car lose a lot of power, by the 4th time that the fan start and stop to work (normally) the car feels so bad and i have to gas a lot, and if i stop it the idles goes down. Now the a/c stop to work and i got a check engine. i changed plugs and wires, cam sensor, probe with another dis module, put some dielectric grease on it, check fuel pomp, 3 temp. sensors, one oxigen sensor, i change the eec computer ones, etc, heeeelllllllllpppppp this wekend probe with another "box" and runs fine, but when i started the a/c the idles goes down and the car dies, i think that the the problem is the cable are inverted or something, please i need the diagram and that somebody expert on the functions, the mechanics are so dums here and i lose a lot of money.

thanks

J57ltr
07-21-2003, 04:27 PM
You lost me could you seperate the problems.

The box located in front of the airbox is called the IRCM It controls the high and low speed fan and a few other things. Did you get the fans working? Did you pull the codes? All you need is a paperclip. Look in the FAQ under the forums section.

Jeff

BIGBIRD
07-22-2003, 11:17 AM
ok, the fan is new, two speeds works, but I had to solder the temp. sensor in the tube near to the radiator and I joined a largest two wires to make it work because in its original place (near to the DIS) don't work even if I turned on the a/c, now I have two temp. sensor but the original one only serve to stopper de friggerant jajajaj, but like a said, when the fan is on idles goes down and If I gas the car doesn't respond, do i need a v. meter to check all the wires of the IRCM????? I check the FAQ section, but i didn't see any information, what can i do?????

thank's

J57ltr
07-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Unless you can see current flowing through wires, yes you need a meter. If you plan on working on your car I suggest you invest in some tools. #1 would be a Chilton, it’s not the best but it is adequate. #2 would be a meter. You can usually pick one up for about $20. What exactly did you solder? The wires for the connector or the fitting?

“I joined a largest two wires to make it work because in its original place (near to the DIS) don't work even if I turned on the a/c,”

What?

“sensor but the original one only serve to stopper de friggerant jajajaj, but like a said, when the fan is on idles goes down“

You IAC (Idle Air Control solenoid) could be bad, and I’m not sure what jajajaj is

Jeff