5-spd transmissions

PilotYFZ

i am new to super coupes and was wondering why i keep seeing cars with 80k or so miles on them and already have new transmissions or having them rebuilt?

Synchros are a common problem on the M5R2 transmissions. It is basically a Mazda truck transmission. Similar (not identical) versions were also used in Rangers and F-150's.

PilotYFZ said:
i am new to super coupes and was wondering why i keep seeing cars with 80k or so miles on them and already have new transmissions or having them rebuilt?

Depends on the driver, too. Rough riders tend to break trannies a whole lot easier than the ones who pamper their cars. It's like the neverending continuum/saga of the average testosterone junkie (yes, women, too - for all you freaks out there :p), Fox Body Mustang driver breaking T5s, because they beat the living sheeit, out of them!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
trans

mine has 207,000 miles and works great!I don't try to shift fast cause it aint made to do that and I use Redline MTL and friction modifier.

I don't care what anyone says, but changing tranny fluid on-time matters. It's very simple, so why not do it - heh.

kuhnga said:
On the AOD's, a lot of them go out due to the TV cable being out of adjustment.

The problems go further than that... I�fm still trying to figure it out.
I like driving an automatic, but no-one seems to know how to fix them. Especially the transmission shops!

Adjusting the TV cable is easy!

Back