focus intake+90 degree connector=bad @ss CAI

beedogg91

i got the intake from ebay for 43 shipped. it came with a decent filter and everything. i bought the connector from lowes for 10 bux. it is a 3 inch 90 degree pvc connector. thats all the parts i needed to make a intake that sounds just like and performs probably just as well as the intakes available to us for $200 bux. i just have to make somethign to seal small gap left between the maf and the filter in the fender. man this thing is loud! brian

intake1.bmp

yah, jerry has had it for awhile and i gave him lots of **** for it, :eek:

Oh well, looks like he is an sc pioneer now, quite a few people have gotten them lately

all the kits i'm seeing on ebay are like 45-50 bucks(plus shipping) and the kits have ridiculous nipples sticking out of the side. am i missing something?

I hooked it up to the hose for the pcv valve that went to the old tube . If I get a chance after work tomorrow , I will take a pic .

supercharged95 said
"all the kits i'm seeing on ebay are like 45-50 bucks(plus shipping) and the kits have ridiculous nipples sticking out of the side. am i missing something?"

and I said

"Yup, about a Hundred and Fifty bucks."

Jeff

That's what's missing. Let's not get a game of "Who's on first?" going on here.

beedogg91 said:
whats a 150 bux??? i got mine for 43 shipped. make sure you get one that is for a sohc focus. brian

WHAT TO USE

THE NIPPLE COULD BE TIED IN WITH FUEL FILTER TO CATCH IOL DRAWN THUR BY PCV HOSE TO BE DRAINED RATHER THAN GET INTO IC......FAST FREDDIE :D :cool:

I am not a believer of the fuel filter in line tube running from the driver’s side. Flat out it isn’t going to do anything about keeping the oil out of the system except the throttle body and that’s it. Oil will still get into the IC and everything else.

Jeff

WHAT TO USE

I MEAN THE ONE WITH TWO CONNECTORS ON THE TOP ............AS THE OIL WILL LAY IN THE BOTTOM.............AS IT FILLS UP YOU CAN DUMP IT OUT................FAST FREDDIE:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The problem with putting the filter on the drivers side hose is that it is on the wrong end of the system. Air ENTERS the system through this hose and EXITS through the passenger side of the engine through the PCV and into the blower, through the IC (of course some of the air is redirected back into the blower through the bypass) and into the engine to be burned. Yes during hard acceleration some of the blowby will end up reverting out of the drivers side hose but you aren’t in boost nearly as long as you are in vacuum.

Jeff

PS just got mine today.

Last edited:
WHAT TO USE

IF THE WELL IS DEEP ENOUGH.........................AND THE HOSE CONNECTIONS ARE ON TOP....................OIL SHOULD DROP TO THE BOTTOM AND STAY THERE.......A SHOP VAC WORKS THIS WAY .............FAST FREDDIE:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back