Suspension Questions

rolltide

My 95 SC is badly in need of new struts, (99K on originals). I have priced around and found the cheapest replacements to be $109 each plus $300 for labor. Anyone know if this will be about as cheap as I can get it done and also, when I have them replaced, what are some of the things in the supension (bushings, bearings, etc) that I should have checked out. I got the car about 8K ago and do not know the history on it suspension wise.

Replace all the bushings, with poly bushings. MN12performance.com has a kit available. Look it up.

Since you're taking apart the suspension, pretty much check all the moving parts of the suspension - replace, if necessary. Replace the tranny mounts, if needed. By now, you may wanna replace the IRS bushings, too. Again - mn12performance.com...

What kind of struts are you going to use? I saw a past post where someone said that they could get the stock Ford struts for $110 a pair. When I called my local dealer, they wanted $170 each. I would rather replace mine with the stock struts, but at $170 each, I will probably go with the Konis. You can get them for $510 for all four.

If you want to save some money... If you can, the rear struts are very easy to change. do it your-self!

Back