E-150 Window Motor

NorthrnSCownr

My E-150(that Ive had for 2 months now) pass. window motor seems to have the "cam" issue. I took the panel/plastic off, and cant figure out how to get the motor unattached. It has these grommet type attachments, with no female reciever. I have no idea how to remove it... Has ANYONE seen these solid grommet type attachments in Fords before, or know these vans?
Thanks, Tom

Are you sure you're looking at the right fasteners???

Those sound like the large rivets that Ford likes to use to hold the whole regulator assembly in the door. On my '98 Taurus, there are rivets holding the regulator in, and three holes through the steel inner panel of the door. You can get a socket and extension in through these holes to remove the three bolts that hold the motor to the regulator assembly. Perhaps you've got a similar setup.

Perhaps on the E-150's you have to remove the whole damned regulator. That would require drilling out the rivets, and then replacing them after you're done.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks Sean. That could be the case with the wholes as I was in a rush when I attempted the project. If the rivets need to be drilled out, how do I go about re-fastening them?
Thanks for the help,
Tom

Back