My SC is tight after I install the 10% Pulley???

ERamos

I just installed the 10% pulley and after I had the nut back on tight it felt like the super charger was kinda stuck, well it spins but it is real difficult to spin, it may be my imagination but I thought it spun freely when the belt is off????

Should spin freely regardless of pulley. Check the clearance of the pulley to the snout. Leaking any fluid, may be bearing going bad because of low fluid. Which means seal is probably bad. I would check clearance first though.

I had that same problem with my 90 35th. the 10% pulley would rub one of the snout's cooling fins. I just shaved alittle bit of the fin off and it cured the problem.

Shane

Super Charger

the pulley is keyed only one way I think, I don't think you can put it on backwards.

It spins, just not by hand, I just added fluid and it doesn't seem like it is rubbing but I will check. Just seems like somthing is locking in the SC turbines or somethin.

if it spun freely before (not sure I just may be thinking of the snout I have in my garage, might be crazy ahaha), then it should have anything to do with a seal, hopefulle its not a bearing or anything.

If you take the pulley back off, look at the inside diamiter of your pulley. Look to see if any of the paint has rubbed off. If so, the pulley is rubbing the outside of the snout and you should shave alittle bit of the fins off(only at the very end were the pulley would be). If you do just remember not to take to much off.

Shane

quick35th said:
I had that same problem with my 90 35th. the 10% pulley would rub one of the snout's cooling fins. I just shaved alittle bit of the fin off and it cured the problem.

Shane

That's your problem.

Jeff

Back