View Full Version : What is the plug on top of the thermostat housing?

07-23-2003, 01:00 PM
I just changed my thermostat and I went to try and unplug the wire connected to the housing and it was very brittle and cracked off. Is that the temperature gauge wire or somethin??? can I just purchase the connector or what?


07-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Yes its the temperature gauge sending unit. you should be able to buy a connector or get one fairly easily.

07-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Was it the single wire with a push on style connector, or was it the two wire connector? The single wire is for the coolant temp gauge, but the two wire connector is for the ECT (engine coolant temperature sensor) which tells the EEC the coolant temp.


07-24-2003, 12:41 PM
It was a single wire, I wanna say it was red with a metal connecter that snapped, that is what broke, so it looks like it is the coolant temp gauge, anybody know if I can got to the auto parts store to get it easily???