4 sale - Eibachs & Bilsteins

lazybird4pt6

Hope it's not a problem to post this here, but i'm having a problem negotiating the B&S page on the oO board. Anyways....

one set of Eibach lowering springs - $250

one set of Bilstein shocks - $300

Parts were installed on car and have less than 8K on them. Selling due to loss of interest. SCCoO members have first dibs (no shipping cost to deal with). Can arrange installation if NEEDED. Please feel free to e-mail, PM or call me (#'s are on contact list).

Also...one K&N cone filter p/n RE-0870. Conical filter with 4" inlet, 12" long. Brand new in the box, never used. - $65

Andrew,

What's the deal, buddy? Is this because of your insurance company, or because you really don't like the ride?

Or do you plan to use the money for "other" mods? :p

Also, are those the type of Bilsteins that you can send back to have the re-adjusted for firmness?

Just curious....PM me if you wish.

No need for a PM Bill, I have nothing to hide. Honestly, i'm just sick and tired of this ****. Plain and simple. I'd rather be ignored by cops for not "looking the part" and really don't care to have to deal with ins. adjusters. It's just not right. I've been doing this stuff for over 8 years and have seen plenty of things, but this takes the cake.
This past Sunday I had a REALLY close call with the front end of an F-150 that just pulled out infront of me - on the driver's side. His grill was less than a foot away from my side mirror - and I was in the gravel trap! Too close for my comfort.
I can't justify an ins. payment increase (never mind cancelation) for something as simple as lowering springs. The look is great, the ride is awesome (front is too soft) and I have no quarrels with the products, just the circumstances. Besides, I don't feel like shoveling all of Toronto in the winter and i'm starting to get wheel hop - without the new top end.
I'm out.
Thanks for your concern, Bill.

Re-valving the Bilsteins - I don't have a clue, you'd have to ask Ed.

Andrew,

I fully understand and feel for your situation. Unfortunately, it seems that anything can be considered a "modification" these days, but we have to find out which of these in particular will cause an insurance claim to become void.

If any modification will do, then your underdrive pulleys, stereo and even your Super Coupe wheels could be regarded as modifications, along with different size tires than "factory recommended". This is obviously a very grey area, so we need to get some facts out on the table.

Personally, I think you should keep your springs and shocks if you really like them. You can't let the police and insurance companies bully you out of your favourite hobby (besides the GF). I'm totally on your side, and I don't want to see you start to take everything off of your car because of these technicalities. It isn't fair for you or anyone else, so don't feel you have to lay down and die, along with all your aparent "mods".

Look at my car as an example. Why should I even pay insurance? If I crashed it tomorrow, they'd likely keep my money and tell me to drive it off a bridge, then refuse to pay for any damages, including liability. I know I have internal mods to the engine, which is quite different, but buying aftermarket suspension that sits 1.4" lower isn't that noticeable to the untrained eye, so I wouldn't worry TOO MUCH about it. I cop or insurance adjuster would have to know Thunderbirds to tell the difference.

I have the same urge to jump off the deep end, but I'm trying my best to resist in order to enjoy all that I've managed to build and achieve with this car (with the help of many others). I am still considering cancelling my policy until next year, hoping another year older, and some positive changes in the industry may help. I'm not trying to change your mind so much as I'm asking you to look at the big picture as far as modifications go. A modification should normally be considered something "performance enhancing", which usually pretains to power and the increased risk that goes along with it. In this case, lowering springs are in a grey area, in my opinion. Do they really increase the chance of being in an accident? Likely not. If anything, braking distance is reduced.

Call around to a few other companies, or ask a few brokers to seek their advice. You may find a company that is easier to deal with, and that doesn't carry such strict "rules".

Last edited:
Andrew, I am not aware of the entire story but all I can say is don't get discouraged. Call other insurance companies and see what they can do.

If you do decide to go back to the original springs and shocks, I say keep the eibachs and bilsteins so that when this crap blows over you still have them.

Hang in there bud.....:)

Andrew,

Don't do it, Man! Take a deeeeeeeeeeeeep breath, and remember all the good times when you've patted yourself on the back for putting together such a slick ride! If you feel you need to remove this stuff from your car, at least until the heat dies down, then do so, but I don't see that you'll benefit much from having the cash, especially since you're likely to want to go right back to this stuff as soon as things change.

Sincerely,

Sean

Thanks for the motivational words, guys. I couldn't care less about the cops. G/F is the same (why isn't the Capri running 11's?!). However, the wheels and brakes.....i'm using parts that came on a T-'bird (wheels) and parts that carry a Ford p/n (brakes), so i'd imagine that if there WAS some sort of investigation, they'd be overlooked. If insurance wants to be sneaky, then I will be too! Only, i'm skeaky-er (SP?!)!;)

I say keep the springs.
Look at how many cops you drive past in your daily journeys.
How many times have you been hastled for having a lowered car?
How's it add up?
I've never been hastled (yet) and my car has a noticable drop.

I'm not worried about the cops. Got a speeding ticket with the 'Bird once, but never the Capri - go figure.:confused:
It adds up when there's an accident and insurance says "Sorry, can't help you." I can't afford to play a game THAT expensive. I've lived on "what if's" long enough. (Am I growing up, or something? -LOL!)

Waiting on a confirmation for the filter.

Waiting on a confirmation for the shocks.

Okay....I think it's time to put some of the cop issues to rest.

Pulled over going 153km/h on hwy 401.
(ticket was issued, no questions asked about the car)

Pulled over going 148km/h on hwy 403
(no ticket was issued, no questions asked about the car)

Pulled over on Grand Island, going 82mph in a 55mph zone
(ticket was issued, no questions asked about the car)

As a little background info, my windows are illegal, both sides and front, which is very obvious. My exhaust is loud and noticeable, and I have no catalytic converters. Again, very illegal. The car is lowered, and has aftermarket rims. Based on what I drive around with each day, I can't see any other SCer in the club that is in a worse position to complain, or be affraid of police and insruance companies than I am. I still continue to modify, and have not changed anything in an attempt to be compliant.

Lastly, I live 2 streets from a police station, and pass another on the way to work each day. I have cops next to me at lights, behind me, and driving with me in traffic. I've never gotten pulled over unless I was speeding, and even then, the issue was speeding, not the car. Just because people get pulled over now and again in certain areas of the city doesn't mean we all have to lay down and die.

Lay down and die? No.
Lay low? Maybe, but not usually. Anyone who really knows me knows I usually don't quit, or give up or whatever.

Cop issues? I don't have any problems with the cops. I've got 4.6 badges to let them know it's a slow car - LOL!;)
Speeding ticket, loud exhaust, yeah, whatever. I'll pay the ticket. No problem. Cops CAN'T give you a ticket for lowering you car. Just 'cuz I drive a 4.6 doesn't mean i'm THAT naive!:rolleyes: J/K!!
The money from this stuff will go towards something else - a go fast goody, of course. No, not Sabby's NOS kit. We'll see when the lay-offs stop. And NO it doesn't have anything to do with that either. Just an un-forseen sideways step in plans.
Bill, think of how your car would launch with LX stuff? Not the best appearance, but beneficial in other ways. It's not a mean stab in any way, just a fact of physics. Don't take it offensively, I don't want to be on your ignore list - LOL!:p

I'm not worried (too much) about the police. I haven't been pulled over in years. And if I did, it would probably be for speeding or not coming to a complete stop.
It's the insurance that bothers me. I don't want something stupid to happen like someone smack into me. Or have the car stolen. Been down that road before and the insurance company pays out didly.
I paid 10G for my car and sunk another 8 into it since. I'll be putting in another 15-20G before next spring. If it was stolen, I'd be lucky if I got 5 from the insurance. And they make you feel that your squeezing money out of them.
That's where the facility insurance comes in. It's the only way that you can recover the full amount. The premimums are high but it would give alot of piece of mind. Heck, everything about this "hobby" is expensive. Some people bitch if they have to spend $100 to keep their junker on the road and we'll spend thousands to get to the next corner 1 sec faster.

I don't want to be on your ignore list

LMAO. No worries man, I only have one person on there now. :p

I wouldn't take any offense to anything you say, and I would expect the same from you. I'm personally a big fan of the LXs, which is why you don't notice me making any 4.6L jokes. If I had the money, that would more than likely be my second vehicle. I loved riding in yours, and was completely impressed with its ability to haul Les, Jason, myself and you up to speed at what I consider to be a decent rate (faster than a stock SC for sure).

I may be a bit harsh in my approach, but I sincerly want you to enjoy your car and not have to back down. If you are looking to modify elsewhere, all the power to you! I just didn't want to see you having a garage sale of insurance avoidance, ya know? :cool:

Let me know if I can be of any help....

Andrew,
Sorry to hear your not going to have the low car anymore but we still know you have the fastest 4.6 In the SCCOO.;)

Thanks, J. It's only a matter of time before that is taken away, too! But, fear not, with the new suspension LB will be back "on track" (that pun IS intended).
I am rather anxious to see how Project X runs. It is good to keep an eye on the competition.;)

Still no takers on the springs?? I thought they would have gone like hot-cakes. What, is everyone afraid of insurance companies??:p

BTW - Jason, that link we discussed??

I'm very interested in the springs. But I won't have any cash flow untill next month. Are you firm on them prices?

I feel really cheap this month because I just got my car back from the body shop.

sorry!!

Check your Private Messages, Bifteed.
Firm, very (pun not intended).

K&N filter is sold.

Bilsteins sold pending confirmation CALL (ahem, you know who you are).

Last edited:
Back