Some valvetrain q's????

aplvlydrtybird

I was wondering what size the valve springs are on a stock sc head, because i havent been able to find a place that sells a set of double springed valve springs for our sc, and they said they could match a set if I had the stock spec. so if anyone knows that , tell me, cause that would be great. Also my other question is, where can i can find a set of chrome-moly pushrods, or ones of equal strength to go along with my .520" lift cam from dr. fred. I am trying to finish my rebuild and these are the last couple of things i need to get. Thanks again guys.

Keith

Actually, you might need longer pushrods with that cam. You'll have to check and see. You can get some chromoly one-piece rods from Summit. The trick flow ones are about the cheapest. Other you could get Manley or Comp.

Thomas

Keith

Install some Comp Cams 942 springs (single but plenty good for that cam) at 1.700 to 1.710" . They will fit the stock retainer and cup. You might have to get new + .025 keepers and shim to 1.710. Don't install ANY lower than 1.700.

7.200" pushrods usually work fine, but you can't hold me to that if you have milled the heck outta the heads/block and/or changed to roller rockers with a different pedestal height. Best to use a checking pushrod, then overnight the righ size in from Summit or Jegs.

Check out Jeramie Schall, who runs that cam/ valve spring combo, and just got on the top 10 SC's for HP.......

Last edited:
Back