Whats next for Preformance Parts??

T-bird4vr

Any recommendations?
I have a maf ,TB, CAI, raised top, gears shortly/lsd, chip, exhaust w/ ported manifolds.

Is it time to save for the MP inlet plenum?
I was going to try S-porting myself but can't find any pics of where to remove the metal.

I'm not real excited about overdiving the SC since I hit 16+ easy enough but maybe I should....
Julian

I have a few mods on my 94, one of the biggest bang for the buck mod was the U/D pulleys from ASP.

Jason Wild said:
If your geting 16+ psi I would say you have an O/D all ready.

No, I measured it. It is stock size and have talked to others with stock pulleys on 94-95's with 16+ psi. Maybe my heads are too restrictive and pressure builds up.

And if the fuel pump and injectors need to be next I will be waiting a while, lol.

Julian

Intercooler

It seems like you have already done exhaust and have cut out all of the intake restrictions too.The next thing to do is to help the rest of it by doing your intercooler.The intercooler will free up your system by allowing the air to not only flow easier as it cycles but it will also help with the cooling of the air which will allow your engine to not pull out so much timing.When the supercharger runs it cycles the air around the system thru the bypass valve that connects the inlet to the return plenum,so when your car is not under boost it actually is a open loop helping the supercharger spin and lowering the amount of horsepower that is used in spinning the blower.As well it also helps the blower keep cool.This is the last improvement that you can do without opening the engine and doing heads and cam and injectors.

92strokedbird, Thanks man but I am an engineering student lol (regarding detailed explaination). So I get the basics, but I by no means know much about motors. Never had one open (besides a 5 or 10hp briggs lol)

When I get the time space and money I will build one from the block up.

Anyone have personal S-porting pics?
I have the link to the one the guy messed up so don't post that.

Thanks,
Julian

curse said:
I have a few mods on my 94, one of the biggest bang for the buck mod was the U/D pulleys from ASP.

Personally, I would have to say that underdrive pulleys were one of the most disappointing mods that I have done. The car felt exactly the same as it did before the pulleys. I dynoed before and after and I picked up about 4RWHP:confused:

For $170.00 plus shipping to only get 4hp......I would set that money aside for a better IC or MP plenum.

Sounds like you're at the point of diminishing returns.

With the current set up and pressure, a bigger IC will help. But without headwork, anything else is gonna be minor increases.

If you get the head flow increased, then the 89-93 pulley will be more effective and you WILL need to increase fuel flow - pump & injectors. Porting, roller rockers, larger valves and cam. If you're concerned with drive-ability issues, I'd reccommend a DR. Fred 520 cam.

Lee

Jason Wild said:
T-bird4vr,
Sorry I did not know you had a 94-95 then yes a stock 89 93 pulley will do that.

Its is a stock 94-95 pulley.
I talked to Jim Culhane? I believe is his last name, and he said that his stock 94,95 pegs the gauge also. He also asked everyone he saw with one and got different answers on there boost pressure. Some got 16+, and others didn't. It just varied with car to car.
Unless I'm measuring it wrong it is a stock pulley.

rivlee, thats what I expected. Time to save.

Thanks,
Julian

On my 95 sc, the boost gauge would peg out. I called my brother Vernon and he had said that some do that. No real reason why.

Back