Power Window Switch

SlushNaz

I have a 91 SC and my passenger side window goes down but doesn't go up i have been told its probably the switch if so, can i take a switch from a regular T-Bird of the same year or is there any other suggestions out there?

I just had a similar experience when I pulled the tint off my window. It left some gunk which got caught up and pulled the window off track, went down but got jammed and wouldnt come up. You might want to pull off the interior panel and check and see if its OK. Thought I blew my motor but I cleaned the window and she works great. Just a suggestion

I recently replaced both my window switches. New from Ford was around $12 each.

The mirror switch was in the mid $20's.

I just had the same problem..window would lower but not raise.If you can hear the window motor trying to lift the window then the motor bushings are probably bad....I went to the salvage yard and pulled the motors out of a newer MN12,checked to make sure the bushings were good and put the "new" motor in.Easy fix and now the window works fine.
Good luck,
z

Well I don't hear the motor or anything, i can put the window up with my drivers side switch, just not the passenger side switch.

I have had this happen on my passenger window several times in the past. All I did was remove the switch and clean it/reseat it and the window worked fine after that!

Back