Technical Manuals on CD

duanemyhre

Technical Manuals on CD??

I can't find it with a search, but I had read in the past that you can get technical manuals on CD. I'm not talking about Haynes; I mean the real ones from Ford or other professional manuals. We might even be able to do a Napster and share the info on the board.

Engine
Transmission
Electrical
Everything

I would like the full meal deal! Everything! Can anyone help and let me know where I can find them?

Last edited:
Popular Science made them. They used to sell for 20 bucks. You can only set it up to work with one car for each 20 bucks. They gave very detailed info and all recall information as well. Not sure if they still make them, my store stopped carrying them.

I had one, although I have no idea where it is at. And sharing the info in a public forum would probably constitute a violation of some sort of Federal copy protection.

Did those manuals have information about everything?

As far as sharing information, posting the whole CD might be a problem but I�fm sure you could cut and paste a few paragraphs without any problems.

The best software on the market is Michell on Demand. It's thousands of dollars to purchase it, but some of us are lucky to have a copy. It's roughly 8 CD's for domestic alone.

Check Kazzaa and see if anyone has it for download.

I have the Popular Science one as well, actually it was the first manual on the SC I got. I do know about the Ford CD's, They are the same ones the dealerships get through Ford. I know a couple guy's I can get them from. I've been away from cars for awhile, so I'll have to hook up with them and see whats still avalable.
Let me see if I can get hold of them and I'll let you know.:)

8 CDs! You must mean All domestic cars? What about just 89+ Thunderbirds? Can you seperate the information on the CDs.

Even on Kaza. It would take me quite a long time to download 8 CDs.

It would be great to get a copy of that! :D

I checked Kaza...No Luck!

Are there other options for tech manuals on CD? Im sure it would be cheaper to just get Ford or Thunderbird information.

I'm always willing to help an SC'er! Theres no problem talking about it here, nothing illeagle going on.
The disc comes from Ford. Ive even seen them on Ebay.
Let me check.

I've seen the CD manuals on eBay too but I think they started at 1994, nothing earlier. I've got a 90 SC and contacted a couple of people selling them. Both said they couldn't get them.

I did buy a Ford shop manual off eBay and it's paid for itself 100 times over! I've always bought Haynes manuals but there's no way I could have done everything I have to my car without the factory manual. Well worth the investment at any price.

Don't forget AllData. Though they don't really sell CD's to the general public. They prefer you use their web service.

Back