Which plugs to use with nitrous?

BlueThunder90

For those of you running nitrous, which plug are you using? I've heard of some people using the stock DP's but now I'm thinking NGK's are my best route.

Hahahaaa:D

OK... but for the total time that you drive your car, what percent?

Do you drive your car everyday? If you do, do you plan to run NOX once a week? More? Less?

You probably want to use plugs rated for the operating condition of the engine. At least over 75% of the time you run the engine.

So... if you drive your car an hour everyday and drive seven days a week and only run NOX for less than five minutes that week, you are probably better off to use the regular stock autolite PP plugs.

If you have performance problems while running the NOX, then you might consider something different.

Just my 2 cents

I do drive the car everyday, usually to work. I since have got a SUV so I will be using that more.

I think, based on your thoughts, that I will stick with the stock plugs simply cause I won't be using the nitrous enough to warrant colder plugs.

NGK iridiums (the shorter tipped ones)

runs fine without the nitrous, and wont burn out on nitrous like the plats

NGK iridiums..TR55-1IX / 7316 gapped to .040 are what I'm going to use. You can't use platium tips...the nitrous will blow them off.

Summit #NGK-7316 $6.99 ea.

David

Back